Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car PC dreams are looking a little brighter!! (Got the idea here)

http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGT.htm

It's not in stock, but that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! They even sell the housing separately and have how-to's on how to put other screens in. So I guess what the linked product is for is this housing, the screen, and the labor that I could do. But that's besides the point...

Ever since I started looking into this Mini-ITX and Nano-ITX stuff I've really been liking the idea of a home-brewed car PC. If I could match something like this up with a decent head unit (wouldn't need a DVD player!) I'd be SET!

I was just wondering what peoples' thoughts are about this particular product. Also, is there anywhere else that offers a similar In-dash touch screen w/VGA input? Or could I get any old mountable monitor and build my own? I'm a rookie to this kind of customization, so be nice

Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've had similar plans in the past, mostly in my last car, for a computer to almost strickly play mp3's on. I looked at a lot of pre-fab systems...and to me they all suck. They're either over priced or incredibly weak, and usually both.

I recommend picking up some cheap parts at tiger direct or something, geting one of those shoebox boxes, and just stuffing it under a seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm wondering how sturdy it is once it's out. Motorized is nice because the gears keep the monitor in place once it's out. This isn't motorized... so I'm wondering if it will move around when you touch the screen, or hit a large bump, etc. I do like the idea though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.