Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy the alpine IVA-D310 in dash dvd player, but I was wondering if you can play dvds while in motion, driving, thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dont think so from what I have heard.. but I bet theres a way around it.. the celebritys do it.. haha

but it is illegal, I know that.. but so are tints and stuff..

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I'd say it's all in the wiring... I'll ask my friend that works in the Best Buy install bay about the specific installation procedure and if there is a way around it (if alpman doesn't answer before I do).

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry guys, can't help with this one. Not only is it illegal and dangerous to bypass the safety lockout, but in my case, it's grounds for termination if I even hint at how to do it. My employment is a little more important to me than helping a fellow tC'r out with watching tv while driving.

BTW - For those of you who have mentioned ways to "get around" the safety lockout, you may want to consider editing your post. If someone were to take your advise and apply it and subsequently get into an accident, you would probably be named in the law suit and your post could be used as evidence against you. Just my .02 cents!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Actually, I've decided to be a little proactive here, not only to protect those members who have tried to "help" with this issue, but to protect the site as well...Eric, I'm sure you won't mind me covering your ass. There are legal ramifications to consider here.

Therefore, this entire thread has been edited and will remain on-watch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow my bad, i was just wondering, i didn't know it was illegal, i just thought it was a feature, you can delete this if you want

·
Registered
542 Posts
haha my first post that got edited by a mod!! as far as my response went, i had read it on here somewhere else and that's where i got it from.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Alrighty... so looking for clarification. If I were to build a carputer system and put a touchscreen LCD where the current radio is what would I and would I not be allowed to have on their? I know GPS/navigation would be allowed, maybe a visualization of some sort for music, but nothing with video?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Full motion video is illegal...entertainment. An IS screen is not...information, navigation, etc. As long as you don't watch videos while driving, you should be ok but check with your local law enforcement agency to be sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i figured i can just plug in my xbox if i wanted to, is the alpine IVA D310 worth the money? what makes it better then the other in dash dvd players?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.