Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some touch up paint at the dealership today. It was $10.95 for a bottle. Anyway, how should I put on the touch up paint. I don't want it to look like crap.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dude I have the same exact problem on the same spot that you do man! Imma get me some touch up paint pretty soon.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed mine the other day right after I washed it. It is about the size of the end of a ink pen. Does anybody know the best way to apply the touch up paint?

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by courier11sec@Jan 6 2006, 10:54 PM
Two cars with the same chip in the paint?
I smell a recall...
It's well known that our paint is defective -- just check Scionlife.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you are saying. I have those little scratch marks all over my paint. They really stand out on my BSP. The paint on my 2004 Dodge Ram was a lot better. I had it for two years, and only had one scratch on it.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Just so we're clear, I was KIDDING. It is no defect. The paint on the tCs is fine. Paint chips when things like rocks hit it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that the paint is not defective. I just think it is not the best quality. During a sunny day you can see scratches all over it. My friends bcp is the same way. Does anybody else have this problem with their dark colored Scoins?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I believe that you apply the touch-up paint in small, overlapping, parllel lines over the scratch/chip. This is the method I used when I used touch-up paint to cover up a paint chip on my grand-mother's car. It worked very well. Now, you could never tell that there was ever a chip there at all.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by filmnews@Jan 8 2006, 08:07 AM
I know that the paint is not defective. I just think it is not the best quality. During a sunny day you can see scratches all over it. My friends bcp is the same way. Does anybody else have this problem with their dark colored Scoins?
Those are called swirl marks, and they happen to every car unless the owner is absolutely as vigilant as can be about maintaining the paint. My car didn't start to show swirl marks for over a year after I got the car, and I don't think I got some special paint on my tC.

Having a garage helps, and not letting other people wash your car helps.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
i have some swirls now too... i am going to see if i can get my dealership to cover that under warranty.....

my salesman told me......

i suck.

oh,

c/l at marty again. thanks for making my night.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Sweet. You know, pretty soon *I* am going to win the title of "resident curmudgeon," and at the ripe old age of 26. I think that's kind of sad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I heard that there is this thing that is like an "invisible Car braw." It is sopposed to like prevent chips from rocks and such things. And its clear so u don't see it. I don't exactly remember what the site was called, but my brother in law has it on his BMW M3 and all he has to do when he sees a little mark is just wipe it off, and its good as new.. If i remember the site address i'll give it to yalls...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.