Scion tC Forums banner

$*#*# I hate gravel.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  imasaf 
#1 ·
So I was driving along 595 yesterday when I came up on some fresh gravel in the road. I was in it before I saw it because the dumb SUV in front of me evidently didnt care about his paint.

Anyways, I was boxed in and road through it for a good 10 seconds. Needless to say, my front bumper now looks like chit. I washed it today and had no luck getting the gravel off.

Does ANYONE know what to use or how to get gravel off/out of your paint?

#2 ·
Originally posted by ufgatorfan@Oct 13 2004, 12:50 PM
So I was driving along 595 yesterday when I came up on some fresh gravel in the road. I was in it before I saw it because the dumb SUV in front of me evidently didnt care about his paint.

Anyways, I was boxed in and road through it for a good 10 seconds. Needless to say, my front bumper now looks like chit. I washed it today and had no luck getting the gravel off.

Does ANYONE know what to use or how to get gravel off/out of your paint?
So the gravel in embedded in your bumper? Is it like small particles or chunks?

#4 ·
Btw, Im a retard. I should have said tar.

Anyways, I got all the tar off, but there is quite a few little chips.

Im gonna try waxing it when I get a chance, if that doesnt work...Ill get some touch up paint.

#5 ·
i was wondering how gravel could get embedded in the paint.
good luck with that. i haven't had any luck with touch up paint on rock chips. you can still see that there is a chip even though the chip is filled. maybe i'm doing something wrong? anyway i have a bunch of chips on my front bumper and a few on the hood so don't feel so bad. it sucks but it is kind of normal. the roads are a battlefield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.