Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im driving home from school and im cruising along on a backroad at like 60 and like i see a blurr out the corner of my eye and all the sudden BOOM i hit it...an effin cat.... like i had no where to go i coulda swerved into traffic or swerved into a pole so i kinda had no other choice so i get home and i had to see the damage done...well i have the ground effects kit and i kinda figured that would be the only thing messed up boy was i wrong....my bumper is basically screwed cracked completely not where the ground effects kit connects but above it.
so yea i have to get a new bumper prlly dunno yet....ill get pics up as soon as its light i was so bummed..

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What was the speed limit on this backroad?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
55mph so its not like i was going hella crazy going 20 over

·
Registered
202 Posts
So I am guessing the cat is, well, disintegrated?

I bet that cat is hanging out in the underworld forum "Howyourdie dot hell" and starting a new thread called "I hate cars." And the cat would be like "I was just travelling a bit over 5mph, when this car just completely and utterly rendered me into tiny meat particles and sent me straight down here."

·
Registered
402 Posts
Originally posted by shifter@Sep 14 2005, 01:11 AM

I bet that cat is hanging out in the underworld forum "Howyourdie dot hell" and starting a new thread called "I hate cars." And the cat would be like "I was just travelling a bit over 5mph, when this car just completely and utterly rendered me into tiny meat particles and sent me straight down here."
lol wtf dude?

Chewy-hopefully it looks better in the daytime.

·
Premium Member
13,780 Posts
Originally posted by shifter@Sep 14 2005, 12:11 AM

That's hilarious!

Poor kitty.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Tis why my two cats are indoor cats.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am sure the cat was really bummed out too. He never knew what hit him though. I work for animal protection groups that do the indoor cat only thing.
Look at the bright side...around here you could be buzzing along at 60mph and have a 200+ lb. deer join you in the front seat. You would have no bumper...no hood...no windshield...and no life in a TC. The car is so low in the front that it would scoop him right up and across the hood into you. In such case YOU would never know what you hit. Sorry about the mishap. Loose pets are a danger to themselves and property. Wild animals are out there too..and they will be unavoidable certain times of the year. So much damage from a cat shows how flimsy the front end of a car today is. The TC included. They are made to look good new...save you in an impact with another auto...and be ultra expensive to repair when damage is done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea so as the daylight shows its not AS bad as i thought i mean yea im still probably gonna have to get a new bumber but id rather do that than have a deer sitting next to me
so ill have pics up soon hopefully

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Cats are also WAY smater than deer. I was stopped one night on a two lane road in my old rolla waiting for some dear to move. My lane was clear so I started to pull away slowly when BAM. A fawn ran into my rear quarter panel right next to the indicator light, so you know that the car was visible. The noise it made was pretty funny, so the small wrinkle in the fender that the deer left was worth the laugh.

sucks about your bumper, fresh paint is always a good thing though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I cant say that i hit a cat, ....but ....this is about cats ...it seems that my next door neighbors cats have been using my car as a scratching tool ...those little damn things seem always to be out side in my damn driveway near/around/under my car and i have now noticed what look like cat claw marks on the underside of my side skirts as well as what looks like cat hair....can anyone help ... has this thing or anthing like it happend to you ..pls help and respond....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Never had a problem with cats... plenty of suicidal dogs, though. Took some shepherd mutt of the license plate in my old Mitsu at about 40mph. Dog barrel-rolled for about 500 feet. Hit 2 pigeons in that car, too. Weird.

Are you sure it was a cat? Like, you stopped and saw the carnage? I know that hitting a possum is like hitting a bowling ball. Those guys are tough as hell. Last one I hit went right under the car, thunking all the way from bumepr to bumper. In the rearview, I clearly saw him get up and walk away from it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hope it was a **** or something. Cats are just too cool to die that way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea im sure it was a cat i drove by it this morning...it was a big thing to...like 10 or 12 lbs....well here are the pics like i said not as bad as i thought...but for a cat it did some good damage...even knocked the grille out...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.