Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So by back tires dies on the interstate today... Im thinkin it had a bad sidewal B/C the tires arent but a few weeks old. SO i go to get out my spare and to my horror....

ITS MUSTARD YELLOW!![/SIZE]

I was like WTF. My freind said im "rolling on big birds now, playa!" It was HIDEOUS! As soon as i got home i painted it black. God why do they do this to us?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
LOL! Yeah I had to roll on it. Blew out a sidewall because of construction debris. It's so embarrassing. You need a stock potenza? I'll sell you one of mine for cheap. Only 2300 miles on 'em.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ I think you are right. It is not really particularly safe to be driving around with one wheel/tire that is lighter and smaller than the rest...so they figure that if it is ugly and noticeable enough, people will be less likely to drive around on it.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I hated the fact that I had to drive on it for 2 days. Luckily it was a rear tire, not a front tire that was blown. That's why I bought the Avon Tech's

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's black on the side you can see that's facing upwards in the trunk.... look on the other side. Ugly mustard yellow.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Dec 8 2005, 03:36 PM
i thought mine was black.
you thought wrong.

babyshit yellow, thats what it is.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
thats why i have a Full Size spare hahahaha. I saw that and was liek hell no i will never drive on that bitch. So i went out and bought a spare rim and tire and now i am good i think every body should do the same.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Borisimo@Dec 9 2005, 08:55 AM
Does a full size tire fit in the spare tire space?
with enough motivation, sure.

i live by these three words - it always fits.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the wheel fits in the well, just is a bit too high for the cardboard cover piece to sit flush. if you'd like to see for yourself, fasteddie posted some pics of it here.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Dec 8 2005, 12:41 PM
^^^ I think you are right.  It is not really particularly safe to be driving around with one wheel/tire that is lighter and smaller than the rest...so they figure that if it is ugly and noticeable enough, people will be less likely to drive around on it.
You mean they think we're stupid, and wouldn't replace the spare?!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.