Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a call from Chris at Sport Compact Pro..got sponsored for $12000..but its not a full sponsorship..its a 55/45 thing..the 12000 they give me pays for 55% of the parts that i order..i pay the remaining 45% but yeh paying 45% is a whole lot better then the full 100 right? So ive got plans for my FM in store..cant wait!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
Wow! yeah, congrats! Thats cool! My buddy was just sponsored with his 02 honda civic... but all he's gotten so far is $700 dollars worth of vinyl and some speakers... LOL... seems like you got a better deal! Definitely post pics and let us know about all your mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
From a business stand point it sounds like they are just giving you a discount. They still make a little money and you think that your getting sponsored. I may be wrong so let me know. I tried to sign up and they asked me if I could afford to fix $5000 damage on a moments notice. Would I be asking for a sponsor if I could afford the stuff by myself? Sounds like a scam. Keep an eye on your credit info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
when i talked to their rep over the phone, she said that i can choose parts from "over 300 manufacturers" or that i can send them the bill for anything that i've purchased. that alone sounded like a sweet ass deal... a bit too sweet for truth maybe?

at any rate, i'm still excited, and you should be to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
did you have to pay a fee for this sponsorship? if so, how much? also, you have to pay in full, and then send them the bill? thats retarded. and what is the other option? to choose from one of their manufacturers? jus wanna find out some info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
i did have to pay a 88 dollar drafting fee of which i'm supposed to get 79 dollars back. kind of like a deposit of sorts, i guess. as for the bill thing, yea it is kind of dumb, but at least i'll get some money back in the long run.

as for buying parts from their manufacturers, it works like this. you get access to a catalog of parts, and you can order anything off of that catalog directly through sport compact pro.

although i've personally heard from someone i know that they purposely mark up their prices so it looks like you're getting a discount when in reality you're paying full price. his example was the pioneer avic-n2, which they were selling for 2800, when you can buy it retail for 1900. that's only one person's experience though, so i don't know how ours is going to work out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,643 Posts
Usually "sponsorships" like that force the person to buy from the "sponsor's" catalog that has inflated prices, so even with 55/45 split the poor guy ends up paying higher prices than he could have found elsewhere. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
I'd be extremely cautious doing something like that. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top