Scion tC Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Yeah, AZ. USAA ftw.

I got my sub, box, and amp stolen from the back of my old SW. And since they were sitting in bolted down frames, I was reimbursed wholly.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Sorry myrs, just found your thread now.
I'm disgusted by what happened to you.
I only got stolen my bottom grille once, with the factory fogs included.
It seems nothing to me now, compared to you.
You had put so much work in your sub, it was so long to build, and the end result so beautiful.
Your system was still so new.

I would agree with one of the posters that my insurance also covers my accessories, as long as I have a receipt.
The problem as you built you own stuff is that even they cover, they could only cover the price of materials, you'd still have to do all the work. Anyway, hope you either get money back or find these SOBs. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I feel your pain dude. My old honda civic got broken in two times, even though they were just after the HU, it's the sinking feeling that such assholes take advantage of people that pissed me off.

Hell, I'm still pissed off. Even had a DREAM that my HU got stolen and woke up sweating.

After those three times (2 real, one dream), when I repaired the damage and got another new HU for my civic, I asked the cop that was processing my police report whether if an alarm would deter at all.

He told me in his 10 years of his police work, he only processed stolen stereo paper work for ONE car. That car was tricked out though.

After that, I got an alarm (civic didn't come with one) and never broken in again.

I don't know if you have an alarm, and I don't mean to lecture you. It is #### that people have to think and protect themselves from evil.

I hope you find that dick.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow man, I haven't been here long, but that is easily the nicest system I've seen around here. I'd love to have it, minus the lack of trunk space left over but you could probably get away with the backseat haha. Reallll sorry to hear about your loss man, I hope you get it to how it was and catch those assholes.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
QUOTE (Mr. Deep @ Jun 19 2009, 03:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=474064
so me and my buddy are looking at your thread and he noticed that your gas thingy was cracked open... did they cyphon your gas too!?

damn florida blows[/b]
lol no i thought of that too, im assuming they were pulling everything they could find to open the hatch.
- and sry to everyone that i havent been on here posting often. its like everyone is sayin, its just a sh*tty feeling. i havent been all that into the car lately. i appreciate all everyones support and hope we can find them.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Your insurance should cover it, my last car got broken into twice in 6 months and insurance replaced the head unit and subs both times and my rates never went up. After the first time they replaced it but I had to pay 100 deductible that they just took out of the value of the system. Then the second time they got me the same as the one they just replaced and I didn't have to pay anything.

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
Any fingerprints?
please check the dates before reviving old threads. this thread is over 4 years old!

always wanted to use that image! :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
im glad they did revive this, i just got a tc and was debating on putting my subs in or waiting untill i got a cargo cover.... ill be waiting. this is one of the most beautiful systems i have seen.... my heart sank looking at those pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Viper is good!

UGH...Hate to see this kinda crap. Always hard when you put so much time and effort into something only to have some dickhead ruin it.

The Scion community is a very popular target for thieves because they know how badly we trick them out, and they are VERY visually appealing cars, even when stock. Where was it parked? This is why I ALWAYS garaged the tC and even refused to move to a new complex to keep it that way. It was also Lo-Jacked and had a VIPERX aftermarket alarm system with remote warning via a keychain remote, so i received warning blips whenever someone was even close to it. ( I also never listed it as a mod back then to increase the effectiveness ;))

Even now, because I don't have a garage anymore, I don't bump my system in the Charger when pulling into my new complex, the less people know, the better.

Not saying anyone deserves this to happen, but you have to know to take the necessary steps to protect any investment you make, especially one as costly as a car with aftermarket modifications. Especially since insurance will more than likely NOT cover ANY aftermarket equipment.

Sorry to see this, but hopefully you can learn from it, recover and move on.
I’m glad you mentioned the viper field. I’m waiting for them to call me. Hope it is not so expensive.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts