Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got woken up today by our local sheriff. my car was broken into and was gutted inside. whoever it was either knows scions or has been around my car during the build. my headunit, tweeters, speakers, amp, subs and box.. all gone! im soo pissed. they tried to pry my door open like a dumb a$$ and failed so they smashed my driver side window and stripped me of my system and ipod and digital camera. if its anyone on here I WILL FIND YOU trust me, my grandpa and my moms best friend are federal investigators. and i have people all over town. if anyone knows anything or sees any of my stuff for sale please let me know.
before

after

before

after

window

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
OMFGGGGG! Dude... I am sooooo sorry. That sucks so f%^king bad.

And yeah, they definately had to have known our lego-like setup by the looks of it.

If it was me, and I found them... Killing Spree.

Edit PS - Is that Fingerprinting dust?

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
UGH...Hate to see this kinda crap. Always hard when you put so much time and effort into something only to have some dickhead ruin it.

The Scion community is a very popular target for thieves because they know how badly we trick them out, and they are VERY visually appealing cars, even when stock. Where was it parked? This is why I ALWAYS garaged the tC and even refused to move to a new complex to keep it that way. It was also Lo-Jacked and had a VIPERX aftermarket alarm system with remote warning via a keychain remote, so i received warning blips whenever someone was even close to it. ( I also never listed it as a mod back then to increase the effectiveness ;))

Even now, because I don't have a garage anymore, I don't bump my system in the Charger when pulling into my new complex, the less people know, the better.

Not saying anyone deserves this to happen, but you have to know to take the necessary steps to protect any investment you make, especially one as costly as a car with aftermarket modifications. Especially since insurance will more than likely NOT cover ANY aftermarket equipment.

Sorry to see this, but hopefully you can learn from it, recover and move on.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx everyone for the feedback, it was in my driveway and ya that is fingerprint dust, they got 3 solid prints so hopefully they will come back with something. and suprman i totally agree, i have been way too flashy with it and i kinda knew it was coming, lesson learned. i would do an aftermarket alarm but there is no point now, its stock! lol but im trying to take it lightly, at least im still alive and well. next car is for sure getting an alarm and more protection. it woulda been in the garage but we have so much traffic in the driveway, its hard to do. thx again guys.

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Like I said in an earlier thread. Alarms are only a deterrent. Either skilled OR quick people can get what they want. Probably not to the extent of which you just got nailed. But you get the idea.

I think Im just gonna put a giant snake in my car. Whenever I park it, just let a massive boa constrictor live in there. Im sure that would prevent theft.

All joking aside. Terribly sorry at your loss. Hope the prints come back with something. However, bad news is. Even if they do. They probably already sold all your stuff. =/

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (AKtC @ Jun 8 2009, 05:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=472420
Like I said in an earlier thread. Alarms are only a deterrent. Either skilled OR quick people can get what they want. Probably not to the extent of which you just got nailed. But you get the idea.

I think Im just gonna put a giant snake in my car. Whenever I park it, just let a massive boa constrictor live in there. Im sure that would prevent theft.

All joking aside. Terribly sorry at your loss. Hope the prints come back with something. However, bad news is. Even if they do. They probably already sold all your stuff. =/[/b]
ya the snake may work, i have 2 rottweilers but they are obviously too lazy! lol but i have people all over town looking for any of it and i have all the boxes with matching serial numbers so we will just have to see where it goes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man I'm sorry that is so terrible brings back memories to me as well. When I lived in orlando my apt got broken into to EVERYTHING cept' my clothes jacked my car keys and took 1 stock rim from me. I know how it feels man you just feel so angry and violated. I wish you the best and hopefully you find that SOB. I lived by UCF so heads up if your around there.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
QUOTE (myrs30 @ Jun 8 2009, 01:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=472400
well i got woken up today by our local sheriff. my car was broken into and was gutted inside. whoever it was either knows scions or has been around my car during the build. my headunit, tweeters, speakers, amp, subs and box.. all gone! im soo pissed. they tried to pry my door open like a dumb a$$ and failed so they smashed my driver side window and stripped me of my system and ipod and digital camera. if its anyone on here I WILL FIND YOU trust me, my grandpa and my moms best friend are federal investigators. and i have people all over town. if anyone knows anything or sees any of my stuff for sale please let me know.
before

after

before

after

window
[/b]
Man dat suxs i hope u can find them and beat the #### of thoise thieves

·
Super Moderator
10,409 Posts
QUOTE (myrs30 @ Jun 8 2009, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=472427
ya the snake may work, i have 2 rottweilers but they are obviously too lazy! lol but i have people all over town looking for any of it and i have all the boxes with matching serial numbers so we will just have to see where it goes.[/b]

piezo alarm.. that thing is painful!

·
Banned
4,416 Posts
man that tint didn't save you? i thought tint could stand a couple blows before it broke, i guess those people (assuming more than one person did that) were really after your stuff.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
That really sucks! I followed you through the whole build. Sooo sorry.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i cant thank you guys enough for your feedback. its nice to kno that i have the scion family to go to when $hit goes down. and socal i think they punctured the glass and cut it down the tint, its like folded back. i did get the window replaced today from safelite, $220 installed and glass cleanup. props to safelite on their good work and fast response. soo anyways im obviously bummed out and kinda feel like im in a dream but oh well. i may use this opprotunity to go a different route with the tc ;) who knows maybe ill keep it stripped and play around with some performance. i just dont know if a fast automatic tc is possible... any positive ideas or feedback would be nice.

·
Premium Member
11,386 Posts
That sucks man . This is why after my recent 2 broken windows, I dont even want to do anything else to the tC. There's too many stupid jealous people who go around and take someones hard work/money too easily.

·
FLD w/ H8
3,439 Posts
Dude, thats horrible, you just finished that sub last month wasn't it?
....Well, as Bhudda said "It is better to travel well than to arrive." So... you have a chance to start modding your system from the beginning again; thats an enjoyable task at least eh?

·
Registered
333 Posts
that sucks homie. id do some investigating if i was you. dudes obviously know you or are some local cats. think of all the NEW people or any work you just got done to your car. who saw it? chances are if you think hard enough it will come to you. the problem with stealing systems is that they are so hard to flip. you dont get that much for them. id try looking into all the local spots to see if they are for sale, craigs list ebay pennysaver. if not spread the word, it might take months and months but if you keep the word out chances are you'll hear something. and anyone on here down to kill a n!gga over a stolen system is downright ingorant. guns are for pussys. use your hands just like the homies did who jacked your sh!t. good luck

and i dont know why your trippin, insurance homie, insurance

1 - 20 of 52 Posts