Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im pullin out of where I live and next thing i know i get hit by some ####ing mexican in a white van. So im like, " What the #### just happend?" and by that time the little #### took off. So then i clicks and im like, " ####". So i pull into Indian hamocks, wait for the cop, then two of my friends get there, and then i finally fill out the police report and get done. What really sucks is, ive only had the car for a week and if i have to file an insurance claim my insurance is gona go up. Im gona take it by Kendall Toyota to get an estimate of how much its gona cost, although i don't think itll cost more than a grand. Anyways, click on the link for a pic. It looks a bit worse in person. Oh and basically i need a knew front bumper, a new left headlight, and i need the left fender panel either replaced or fixed. All which came out to an estimate of about 2 grand including paint and labor.

P.S- I didn't feel like explaining it all but i really wasan't my fault. So yea,...im pissed. Oh and anyone who is ofended by the Mexican remark, i apologize, i don't mean it. Im just really pist.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Julian305/2.jpg

· Registered
4,894 Posts
That sucks.. kinda what you get for living in miami tho

· Registered
866 Posts
####! That's horrible. My stomach turns every time I see a nice car in distress like that.

Well, I hope your insurrance doesn't go up if you file a claim. It really sucks that the system works like that. Pay pay pay pay pay pay, ask for some help, get cancelled or pay more. sigh.

I hope you get it fixed anyhow. And glad you're ok.

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Originally posted by MustangJolly@Oct 10 2005, 07:12 PM
wow, all that for 2 grand??? that seems a little high.. have you tried maaco?
He's insured-- if the cost is over his deductible, it doesn't matter what it costs. I'd only have it repaired through the dealer, or a certified repair place, like Caliber. Sure, it costs a small fortune, but the work is all done well, with new parts, and is fully guaranteed.

· Registered
198 Posts
Mexican and vans don't mix. Around here they do all those ricy things like having Chinese characters (they aren't even Asian) on their stupid 1995 astro vans. Once one of them around here tried to race my old Civic DX (1115 HP I think) and I kicked his behind.

I bet if you drove after him you can at least get his license plate, and get HIM to pay for the repair.

· Registered
266 Posts
Just for kicks...make sure when you get it repaired you make a note of the exact mileage on it when you take it in. I have a neighbor with a tc...Azzure in color that had tore up one side of his car after only two months. He took it to a well known body shop that advertises alot around here. while the car was still at the shop...I saw it in the parking lot of Hooters. Three body shop guys were in there for lunch in his car...pitcher of beer and wings. I then followed them to the bank...to cash their checks I guess..it was friday. Then they stopped at a Sports bar..I did not pop into there to see how long they stayed or what they were drinking. He got the car back two days later...they called and said it was ready! I told him I saw his car about town...I know his plate number...he did not look pleased....it had an extra 80 miles on it.

· Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by shifter@Oct 11 2005, 12:18 AM
Mexican and vans don't mix. ..

Once one of them
this comment here doesn't sound at all racist.. ok

anyways.. I'm sorry about your tC. Hope it gets fixed soon
My car seems to be a magnet for scratches. I got a few of them on all sides of my car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.