Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off... I want to warn everyone to STAY AWAY FROM CLAREMONT TOYOTA in Claremont Ca. Here's my "SCION EXPERIENCE."

So I had originally ordered a Nautical Blue 06 fully loaded and was told it would be about 3 to 4 weeks for it to arrive. I checked in after 3 weeks as I had heard nothing from the dealership. I was told by "Ruby" the Inventory Manager that the Blue one was not in their shipment and they couldn't guarantee me one, even if I ordered it again. Whatever! I decided to go with my second choice which is the Blackcherry Pearl. I went through all the options again with Ruby and she assured me the car would be held for me when it came in and that she would call me with the VIN# as soon as it was in. She said it should be here between the 1st and the 5th of this month. Here it is today, the 6th, and not a friggin' word from Claremont Toyota. I call Ruby and she says, "hmm... I don't see it in my inventory. It may have been sold already." Sure enough they sold my car right out from under me. Ruby's excuse was that it had "flipped" in her inventory. What kind of BS is that? She offered to order another one for me but what for??? I have no guarantee it won't happen again, and knowing this dealership, it would. If that's the kind of treatment I can expect from Scion, then I'm not giving them my hard earned dollars. I'm taking my business elsewhere. I can only hope that if anyone else is thinking of ordering their dream car from Claremont Toyota, they see this first, otherwise you might see someone else driving around in YOUR dream car.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Sep 6 2005, 09:18 PM
is Claremont Toyota the one around L.A.??
It's about 35 miles east of Los Angeles off the 10fwy at Indian Hill Blvd. You'll prolly see it on the news tonight when it's burning to the ground.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I went to Claremont Scion before. They didn't have any scion on hand for me to look at so I left. I went to the Puente Hills Toyota instead to check it out. They had 2 red tC and 1 black one there when I drop by. Even though it's a while ago, but maybe try the Puente Hills Scion instead since they have been able to bring in tCs.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by tC Bill+Sep 6 2005, 10:13 PM-->QUOTE (tC Bill @ Sep 6 2005, 10:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-vtecKiller
@Sep 6 2005, 09:18 PM
It's about 35 miles east of Los Angeles off the 10fwy at Indian Hill Blvd. You'll prolly see it on the news tonight when it's burning to the ground.
[/b]
lol, watch what you say. someone might not take it as a joke

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05+Sep 6 2005, 10:31 PM-->QUOTE (HaTeOnThYs05 @ Sep 6 2005, 10:31 PM)
Originally posted by tC [email protected] 6 2005, 10:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vtecKiller
@Sep 6 2005, 09:18 PM

lol, watch what you say. someone might not take it as a joke
[/b]
Lol! Yeah, that's for sure. I might wake up with the Feds in my room with a bazooka aimed at my head.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by tCondor@Sep 6 2005, 10:20 PM
Hey, I went to Claremont Scion before. They didn't have any scion on hand for me to look at so I left. I went to the Puente Hills Toyota instead to check it out. They had 2 red tC and 1 black one there when I drop by. Even though it's a while ago, but maybe try the Puente Hills Scion instead since they have been able to bring in tCs.
Yeah we'll see. Thanks for the advice tCondor. Right now I'm in total veg mode. No motivation to try anything right now. I am starting to think about an RSX-S though. Hmmm?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know how you feel Bill, the dealer I'm going threw is doing the same thing to me.. Even from the first meeting.. He was a hour late.. Then told me he would call me tuesday with a Vin# and estimated arrival date... I called in today and was told that today was his day off and I never got a call... Well I did alot of calling around and found a Nautical blue ... I'm gonna try to get that one.. Good lord.. They seem like they are really hard to get.. The dealer told me there extremely popular but I know of 3 in my area.... oh well

sorry I know my story don't amount to yours but I wanted to chime in

·
Registered
958 Posts
Did you put down a security deposit for them to hold the car? Usually from what my dealer told me that its required to put down $500 to hold the car, then I'll be using it as my down payment.. my car will be here tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wanted to update as to what has transpired concerning my issues.

I called the Scion number that they have on the website to explain my issue in detail. I also wrote a letter to the dealership exressing my complete dissatisfaction and sent a copy of the letter to Scion.

This morning I got a call from the salesman who was supposed to be handling my purchase and he informed me that my BLUE Scion was in (?????)! So apparently he was never informed of the fact that I had ordered a Black Cherry model instead because of the supposed difficulty in obtaining a Blue one. That's fine - I'll take my first choice. I get to the dealership this morning and the car is an automatic. I distinctly ordered a five speed. I've test driven the auto and it's not what I want at all. I told my salesman "thanks anyway." BTW, we couldn't even get into the car because the delivery driver locked the keys in all the cars because no on was there to receive the cars! OMG!

Anyway, on my way home from the dealer my salesman calls and says that there is a Blue one on the way and should be there by nest weekend and to be ready to come down to the dealership to sign papers as early as thursday. Naturally I'm a little skeptical, but we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

Laterz

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
LOL. One of the dealers that I dealt with did a similar thing - called me, said something like "get over here quick - your car is here". It was wrong color, wrong transmission, was loaded up with accessories when I wanted a barebone. And he thought I would bite. Dealers, eh.

·
Registered
71 Posts
UPDATE:

Hehe sorry I'm just soo excited I can't help but share.. I got rid of the previous sales man and thought I would move up to the Pro's.. I called up Miata today!! Had an awesome experience.. Finally got some straight awencers. I was just in time for the car of my dreams! *does happy dance* (dunno what that is but I'm sure I'll have a big smile on my face
) Anywho...

I should get my Scion Very soon.. I can't wait!! Maita all the way!!!

Thanks inevitablegod..

soj

(OMG how embarrassing... I fixed it.. Thanks lo bux racer.. Musta been the excitment
)

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Umm. You might want to fix the spelling. Miata is a Mazda; Vince, and his son Steve, Maita are the car dealers.

Way to rock D!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.