Scion tC Forums banner

i dont get it...

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  LuCiFer6 
#1 ·
why is it that the only people who want to race me are ones that would blow me off the atlas....like GTO's and G35's.Not ever have i raced a 4 banger.and even when i try to instigate they still won't go.frustrating!!the only thing i can think of as to why they mess with me is because the tC is a bad a$$ looking machine and it looks fast.that's what i think.anyone else have this problem?

#2 ·
Hahaha, no I don't seem to have that problem, I get challenged by everyhting from SUVs to vetts

#4 ·
that happens to me to... ever since i got my car people have been wanting to race it seems but they always have the bigger engine... yesterday i raced a slr benz and kept up but couldn't get ahead... i think that the other 4 cylinders out there are afraid of the tc

#6 ·
4 bangers???...lol...Well try revving at them and downshifting...and if that doesnt work put on your hazards (especially against them funny colored civics)...Theyll forsure pull when u do that....I have raced everycar I revved at...

#7 ·
one time (when i had my 01 accord) this guy in a laser pulled to me at a stop light and he revved on me really loud.i just laughed and said "don't forget to do the back yard too!!" lolol man i wish i had a picture of the look on his face me.....it was classic.it sounded like a lawn mower.that's funny cause i didnt know john deere made cars.lol

#9 ·
Dont be so quick to put down a laser because those are DSM and my friend has a AWD one that keeps up with heavely moded Mustang Fox bodys and he is running 18 PSI of boost. so beware of those lasers they will come back and hurt ya but i have the same problem they dont want to race a couple guys said no because there cars were to slow. i was like how do you know have you raced one there like now then they say that tC means Turbo Charged and i just laugh at them and say no it doesnt ur dumb lol but same problem but when i do race it is fun as hell.

#13 ·
yea, i get what you're saying however, its not that we dont EVER get challenged.. its more like.. not alot. it all depends on how you drive also. in my 98 accord, i used to drive like an idiot and rev the crap out of it. so i get hit up often. it was also cuz i had loud exhausts and my car whistled cuz of an air leak somewhere in the throttle body area. ever since i got the tc though, i never really get hit up, only by clearly faster cars like wrx, evos, rsx-s, maybe some hatches and tegs, gti's and eclipses. but thats only every so often.

i think exhaust the the number one thing that attracts other cars to race. loud and rowdy exhaust makes it sound like you're hittin them up. other times i just think people are jealous cuz they see a nice car and wanna say so what, my car is faster than yours. however, most of the time i end up playing cat and mouse instead of actually racing. traffic is usually a bitch so its just someone trying to pull away while the other is trying to keep up.

#14 ·
around my town nobody respects the tc's except people who own one or have looked into one. oh yeah and the ones ive beat...lol. everybody under estimates them greatly. they all think the tc has the same little sh!t motor that the xa and xb has in them. they dont realize its the camary motor. and its great when i race someone and kill them bc they dont know what to think. and now that i have my intkae on the car it draws alot more attention bc its loud and when i make it whisle it makes people turn there head wondering what it was. so im makeing it my personal duty to make people respect these cars in my town atleast.

#16 ·
man. im sorry to hear those stories but here in jacksonville and orlando, everyone wants to race you. from what i recall, i've lost more than i've won probably because sometimes i back down once i'm like 5 over the speed limit. i'm very paranoid about getting a ticket. the best races i've had was against my cousin's new 2003 black celica gt. well... her car is new but its a used car. i had from 0-45 which was the speed limit. i was surprised she kept up with me a little because she was a little new to driving. so she kept goin past 45 and i let her beat me.

the other one was with my friend who drives a 2004 black mitsubishi ralliart --> a perfect match and comparison to the tC in terms of hp and torque. each race we did was really close. we both one each time, so we need to race a third to see which one is actally the fastest.

if you guys live near jacksonville or are planning to come here, we have the best roads to race on. the best places to race is on Beach Blvd., St. Johns Bluff, 9A,
try not to race on Atlantic Blvd or Southside Blvd or the cops will get you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.