Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had my blue scion since may and ive had minor problems with it but over all its been a great experience and i love the car. Recently i put a sound system on it and ive been listening to Saosin out looud and i got the urge to floor it. The radar detector is still in green so i do so. But then i see a celica pass me by, on another ocation a Corolla XRS beat me to the second trafic light. A nissan sentra spec V just beat me to the curve Dammm!!!!! *punshes dash* so im getting a bit frustrated, the car feels fast, it has a huge engine on it but wheres the power?!!! Im a poor guy and i dont have mommy and daddy to dish out the cash. So its just 200 there 300 there maybe 400 there, but no 4000 for the Sc and credit is a bit stretched. Ive seen the SC for 2500 but with instal it drives up the price, and forget turbo thats even more expencive, there must be a computer enhancement or something that combined with the cat back and the Cai to get me to that sweet 200 hp mark so guys i need suggestions

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Save 200 here, 300 there, maybe 400 somewhere else.. until it adds up to about 4000 dollars. Once you're there, go crazy. You will NOT get much more power without forced induction or some crazy engine work.

I/H/E is pointless. Don't buy the hype, literally!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
WEIGHT REDUCTION = MORE HP!!! THROW OUT THOSE USELESS BACK SEATS/ PASSENGER SEAT. JUST TAKE OUT HTE HATCH
AND THE STOCK DOORS. REPLACE WITH CERAN WRAP. YOu WILL BE FLYING I GAURENTEE. --jk.. Save your money bro.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there is no reliable way to get another 40 out of that engine without F/I or some killer machine work. both cost $.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yup S*** out of luck. Keep savin up for the s/c. Im savin up, even though i know its gona take quite a while to get the money i need.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I'd say - if you have to save up - don't get the SC. It's a friggin toy. Spend money on something useful.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Jan 4 2006, 11:51 AM
I'd say - if you have to save up - don't get the SC. It's a friggin toy. Spend money on something useful.
that is a good point of view, andrew.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
So um why are all of you guys against the turbo. Sounds to me that you guys might be afraid to Turbo an engine that has never ben turboed b4 why is this you guys have a one track mind. I am going turbo end of story. I will admit i was honestly thinking of SC for a while there but the power just isnt there. I want more then just 200 i mean seriously why only 200 Out of 6 to 7 PSI turbo 6 to 7 PSI 230 240 HP thats alot better sounding to me and you dont have to lose pwoer to gain power on a turbo. Thats just my point of view and i would like to know why you guys are so afraid to Turbo this car. Is it the waranty or something if so then wait.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ Why are we "afraid" to turbo our cars? That's easy -- because turbos are known to be unreliable and cause engine problems. This is not specific to the tC or anything -- people have been having problems even with factory turbo cars as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I don't have extra $17K to buy another tC if something goes funny with the turbo. That honestly scares me away.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You'd probably save a whole heck of a lot of weight by removing any giant subs you've got in your new system.

There's never a cheap way to make your car faster...if there were, don't you think everyone would be doing it?

Cheap, Reliable, Fast
...pick 2.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.