1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From this...

To this...

To this...

To tell you the truth, I believe the last photo is just a computer rendering of a "realistic" concept version of the SR. I'd dare to say it looks better than the Civic SI, infact, It's better looking that the Civic SI!

·
Registered
69 Posts
looks like a focus with better rims and headlights with a crazy spoiler.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's still a Hyundaiai. I'll pass.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They are moving the right direction with their cars anyway. They will be a company to watch in the future. I would not ever count them out of building some really good cars one day. Does anyone realize that Toyotas were so bad when they first tried to sell cars in California they pulled out of the U.S. and went "back to the drawing board"? They only kept a small presence with the Hi-Lux pickup truck until they could design some cars that we would maybe consider buying over here.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
my dad has a kia, which i believe was bought out by hyundai.... his car is reliable, no major problems..... but not exactly the best looking car on the road... or one of the fastest..... with the strides that korean cars have made in the past few years from reliability to styling i see them becoming a major contender in the car market.... right now i think it's their price that is keeping them in the game... but as people see that their cars are good, i bet the number of people that share Azrael's opinion on korean cars will drop.

my dad keeps telling me that korea is the next japan. he works for a company that makes turbine engines that are used to power cities. they are buying generators like crazy, building up their infastructure to make them a real force in the world.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by irpdr+Sep 15 2005, 04:11 PM-->QUOTE (irpdr @ Sep 15 2005, 04:11 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Azrael
@Sep 14 2005, 01:10 AM
It's still a Hyundaiai.  I'll pass.
Love your logic there.

-------

I agree with SilverX. Its more appealing than the new Si. Searched but not much on specs yet. [/b]
thats what people said about honda and toyota too.

personally i think that car dominates. hyundai is gonna be a real contender in a few years. its already shifting from crappy economy cars to pretty damn good ones, just look at the sonota-it easily rivals honda and toyota's cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
why don't they bring back the original hyundai excel? that was the pinnacle of automotive design! i miss that car.
haha

that car does look pretty sweet in the press release pics, but usually cars look a crappier in real life. hyundai might be improving but last years l.a. auto show was swarming with people and i wanted to sit down somewhere where i wouldn't be bothered by impatient fools wanting to sit down too. so i went over to hyundai and had a nice little catnap. nobody wanted to sit in those f*ckers. don't blame them, they weren't particularly comfortable.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I wonder if there will be KDM parts for it?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by irpdr+Sep 15 2005, 05:11 PM-->QUOTE (irpdr @ Sep 15 2005, 05:11 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Azrael
@Sep 14 2005, 01:10 AM
It's still a Hyundaiai.  I'll pass.
Love your logic there.

-------

I agree with SilverX. Its more appealing than the new Si. Searched but not much on specs yet. [/b]
In the spirit of all "hot hatches" dominating the European charts, Hyundai shows this stylish barnburner. Technically a concept, it's in production ramp-up already. When we think of where Hyundai stood five years ago, it's remarkable to see such good-looking designs happening. The SR goes on sale in Europe by mid-2006 with 18-inch wheels and gets a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine good for at least 200 hp.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/200...sr/pages/01.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.