Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why, OH, why can't both seats have the same 'memory' capability that the driver seat has? When people move the passenger seat to get out of the rear seats, the passenger seat blocks my view to the right side of the car! It would be so nice if the seat would return to it's original position. It's such a pain to reach over and adjust it from the driver's side of the car.

This is my only real complaint about my tC. The few other things I would change are that the sunroof should open completely and continuously -- just like the windows -- with one touch and that the radio should keep power after the key is pulled -- also just like the windows. That would make me so happy!

-K

Who's with me?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by k_splay@Aug 10 2004, 02:17 PM
Why, OH, why can't both seats have the same 'memory' capability that the driver seat has? When people move the passenger seat to get out of the rear seats, the passenger seat blocks my view to the right side of the car! It would be so nice if the seat would return to it's original position. It's such a pain to reach over and adjust it from the driver's side of the car.

This is my only real complaint about my tC. The few other things I would change are that the sunroof should open completely and continuously -- just like the windows -- with one touch and that the radio should keep power after the key is pulled -- also just like the windows. That would make me so happy!

-K

Who's with me?
your demands arent TOO bad;) I wish it had more power from the 4-cyl. I was on the highway today and this pig just WONT get going as fast as i want, damn you little engine!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The only thing saving this thing at freeway speeds is the fact that it's geared so low that you're at 3,500 RPM at 75mph. 0-60 this thing is quicker than my old bimmer, but beyond that there is no comparison...the power just cuts out when you go into fifth.

(This is all with the 5spd, btw. I can't imagine how much slower the auto is on the freeway)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The automatic is pretty quick... I have no complaints on that. I do agree with K_Splay about the sunroof... I wish they make the damn thing open with one push...

One more thing to add... I wish the radio was flush with the consule cause I have the hardest time reaching for the buttons when I'm driving.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The only thing I can think of right now is to have a tiptronic system for the automatic. I mean, they have that for the RSX and it would be great to have it on the TC as well.

I'm sure there's more I can think of, but so far, I'm happy with the car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
In case you didn't know: If you continue to hold the sunroof "open" button after it initally tilts up, it will automatically open to the "almost completely open" position. This position is designed to prevent wind buffeting (annoying vibration and wind noise) at highway speeds.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It is not a smoker's car in the rain. If the windows are the least bit open, the water comes in. Very unlike other cars that don't let water in if you are at speed.

I do agree with memory for the passenger's seat. Height adjustment would be nice as well.

I won't complain about the power. I did pay 16.5K for the 5-spd, so I don't expect 200 hp!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Haha... yeah, I agree about the sunroof thing. And the passenger seat thing... well... just something you gotta live with owning a two door car. Oh yeah, the power thing... I don't agree with. Yes, 160hp is not alot... but if you put it up against i'd say 85% of the other 4 banger compact cars out... not many compair. Civic Si, Mazda 3, Jetta 1.8T, Mini Cooper, Eclipse GS, Celica GT, Cavaliers, Neons, Integras, the list goes on that all hover around 140-150hp and have nearly no torque. Keep in mind, this car is heavy, probably due partially to the sound buffering, and the sun roof. 160hp is nothing to laugh at without any sort of forced induction (turbo, Super Charger, nitrous). Granted, its no Trans-Am, but its also getting twice the gas mileage. If you wanted a car to race, then you should have brought either a V8 or something with forced induction stock. But if you ask me, this car has more than enough power, even at highway speeds. IF you're going 60 and want to speed up, don't drop into 4th... grow some balls and drop into 3rd... just rev it up a bit before letting off the clutch so the crank shaft doesn't have to make up the RPM difference and get on it. This car is built by toyota. They want to be wound up to 6k...

Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sorry about my rant there... didn't mean to change topics. Uhh... the only other thing I would change is the gearing of the transmission and make the sunroof an option, not standard. I'm 6'5" tall.. and I'd like the room above my head that the sunroof takes away. Not that I really have any problems fitting in it, its just an extra inch or so would be nice. And I feel that the gears are very short in the tC. At least with the manual. But thats to produce more lower end. These cars do poop out top end, but 0-60 they split pretty well! Just get that supercharger and you won't be crying about top end anymore!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC@Aug 10 2004, 07:38 PM
It is not a smoker's car in the rain. If the windows are the least bit open, the water comes in. Very unlike other cars that don't let water in if you are at speed.
Thats nice to know... just in case I ever start smoking again...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who's with me?
your demands arent TOO bad;) I wish it had more power from the 4-cyl. I was on the highway today and this pig just WONT get going as fast as i want, damn you little engine! [/quote]
told you man... i don't know if you remember... but i've noticed the same thing... the car is somewhat slow... specially in the first gear... somebody else also said that it is because it has a high gear ratio setup but i don't understand that... most of the time i just had to step in the accelerator hard just for me to keep up with civic after a green light... if i'm a car expert, maybe i could confirm myself... but i just always have this gut feeling that it is... kinda slow...

maybe later, i'm going to a dealer to testdrive a different tc again and compare it to my car...

things that i would change:
sunroof - one press button
dashboard lights - to white and blue
clutch travel - make it shorter
a/c fan - it's kinda weak

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf+Aug 10 2004, 07:35 PM-->QUOTE (imasaf @ Aug 10 2004, 07:35 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-GA tC
@Aug 10 2004, 07:38 PM
It is not a smoker's car in the rain.  If the windows are the least bit open, the water comes in.  Very unlike other cars that don't let water in if you are at speed.
Thats nice to know... just in case I ever start smoking again...
[/b]
I quit when I bought my tC. Cold turkey after 5 years. i'm soo proud of myself. I was just sick of the smokers car smell! Plus, my girlfriend hated it!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
lol... I quit cold turkey too... I've been smoke free for 2+ years... very proud... the only thing is that sometimes I still dream about secretly taking a smoke... also when I'm really stressed out... thats the first thing I wish I could do...

Sorry... I know I'm going

·
Registered
197 Posts
sunroof - agreed with everyone else
engine - more power would definately be nice...
tranny - I got an auto and although it's pretty quick I'd really prefer a better gearing.
radio - the flip up cover is a little overkill. it's neat, but if you're gonna do it do it right and not something that feels so cheap. Also, the radio itself is not setup well at all...the buttons are just cumbersome.
taillights - an altima/mazda3s style smoked grey with red circled/overlapping lights would look a lot better on darker colored cars, like my black, in my opinion

a couple other tiny things I can't really think of right now...

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would do away with gargantuan blind spots in rear corners. this car is dangerous in that respect. i did a test with my dad, a adult could be standing in those spots and you cant see them at all. i never had car which i had to rely on side mirrors so much

·
Registered
793 Posts
As far as the clutch goes, I let my friend test drive my car last night while I was eating dinner with my boyfriend (yeah, probably something I'll regret b/c I know he's seriously into driving the crap outta' cars).

Anyways, I asked him what he thought about the car and, among other things, he said it feels like it doesn't have a clutch. I said, "What do you mean?" and he said, "Well, it's just short, you don't have to move it far to get things going." (Not sure if it matters, but he has an Acura TL, I believe it is....and off topic, but he said the tC handled really well, especially in corners, but that it could use more power. He also pointed out that, coming from the car I use to have, this one must seem like a powerhouse and I'm probably loving it to death.
)

Back on topic....things I'd change:

Sunroof: I'm OK with the way it opens, but I wish it was one-touch close....people get impatient when they hop out and have to wait on me to close the darn thing. Hehe.

Trunk privacy cover (or whatever you call it): I like that you can remove it so easily, but I wish it had a hook or something so you could have it raise up when you open the hatch (if you wanted it to).

Radio: Wish it had a pause button

"Extra" brake light: Why doesn't the whole thing light up? Only the center 1/3 actually lights up...

That's about it. Overall nothing that comes even CLOSE to ruining my love for this car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
add on option of rear window wipers. I have owned a few hatchbacks all which had wipers on them which helps wipe off the morning dews.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts