Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any ideas about how to protect the paint on the area next to the door sills??? I am afraid of scratching it with my heels when I get out of the car.

Suggestions???

·
Registered
167 Posts
the only thing i can suggest is get in/out slowly and carefully... just like what i do every single day... or maybe you could put a nice transparent decal or something... like a scotch tape... but not the scotch tape-scotch tape...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very careful right now so much I think I'm a bit paranoid... Just wanted to see if anyone had any good idea to alleviate this worry of mine....

Maybe I should just drive barefoot...

·
Registered
11 Posts
did you post this on scionlife.com too?
i think that the clear bra material would be best...many installers can cut to fit the material (as they get it in bulk) and slap it on wherever you want. i think that it would be very effective...buy maybe a little $$...

adam

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I was paranoid about that last night too....having heals on and then having drunk people climbing in and out of the car. EEK.

The clear bra is definitely a good idea though, especially if the door sill enchancement option from the dealer doesn't cover up any more area than the stock ones do.

If anyone tries the bra or a sticker, please let me know how much it was and how you think its working for ya'! THANKS!

·
Registered
181 Posts
i keep a red carpet in my tC.. whenever i get out i roll it over the door sill and
make my grand entrance

seriously though.. that clear bra sounds like a nice option and even the clear
vinyl sticker too

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by n3ro@Jul 30 2004, 09:48 AM
i keep a red carpet in my tC.. whenever i get out i roll it over the door sill and
make my grand entrance

seriously though.. that clear bra sounds like a nice option and even the clear
vinyl sticker too
Haha....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Jul 30 2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I was paranoid about that last night too....having heals on and then having drunk people climbing in and out of the car. EEK.

The clear bra is definitely a good idea though, especially if the door sill enchancement option from the dealer doesn't cover up any more area than the stock ones do.

If anyone tries the bra or a sticker, please let me know how much it was and how you think its working for ya'! THANKS!
I ordered the door sills and will install them when they arrive nex week. The door sills should only be about the same size as the existing one. When I get in and out of my tC, my feet doesn't even touch that part. It always hits the paint area outside of the door sills.

You can get clear bra from detailers in your area... I'm gonna look into getting it from Detail Works in San Diego. http://www.detailworks.com/Clear_Bra.htm

You can read a bit about it there... they even have some prices but just not for the tC. It shouldn't be too expensive.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by ycart1201@Jul 30 2004, 09:01 AM
i can clear vinyl sticker by the foot... whats the size of that area?

Nathan
ycart1201
huh??
do you mean you can create a clear vinyl that i can stick onto that area??? If so, I will go measure it when I get my baby back from surgery today.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf+Jul 30 2004, 09:09 AM-->QUOTE (imasaf @ Jul 30 2004, 09:09 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-ycart1201
@Jul 30 2004, 09:01 AM
i can clear vinyl sticker by the foot...  whats the size of that area?

Nathan
ycart1201
huh??
do you mean you can create a clear vinyl that i can stick onto that area??? If so, I will go measure it when I get my baby back from surgery today.
[/b]
yeah, i can do that. I just dont know the size of that area...

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ycart1201 ... aka Nathan...

Here is the image of the area and the measurements... Let me know if you can help man...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 1 2004, 01:16 AM
sh*t ... found a small scratch on door area today...
Ugh...sorry hun.
I think we're all dreading the day we'll walk around the car and find our first blemish...

On my road trip this weekend I about flipped out the first time I heard the moonroof "pop." I thought a big rock had hit my car and I was about to scream LOL. Even when bug hit my windshield I was sorta' crying on the inside.

Such a shame to see such a beautiful car get hit by ANYTHING.

Is it pretty bad....do you think touch-up will be easy on it?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope... I'll leave it as is until I can protect it with the clear vinyl or the clear bra stuff. The scratch isn't so big and its on my side so only I notice it. Anyways.... I've used touch up paint before and it never comes out nice.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Jul 31 2004, 02:14 PM
ycart1201 ... aka Nathan...

Here is the image of the area and the measurements... Let me know if you can help man...

great pic and measurements!!! i didnt know it got narrower... i'll see what i can do and get back to you later this week.

Nathan
ycart1201

1 - 20 of 21 Posts