Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search. I found out the bulb sizes, but no info on how to open it without breaking it. I was out there today pulling on it a little, and it did not move. Also, does the clear plastic just open, or is it the whole thing that folds down? I am planning on buying bulbs from superbrightleds.com. Also, I know how to spell unit.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I pull on the gray plastic or the clear plastic?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you take a flathead screwdriver and lightly pry the back end of the light (closer to you). You'll see 3 prongs come out.. pull it down and you're in.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pictures of the LED's installed. Only took a few minutes to install. I reached from behind to get to the cubbyhole.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
i dont see any area to reach around to get into the cubby hole. where is this mystical cubby hole entrance? u have to pull up the interior?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Go from the passenger side of the car. You'll have to pull some of the carpeting off the side, but you can reach in there and feel for the plug for it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
ahhh ok thanx,krd. i'll try in on my lunch break.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only takes a minute to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.