Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend had a little too much to drink and threw up a bit in my car. Now I can't get all the stain out. I've used a damp towel but as you guys know the seats have little grooves from the design of the material and it's hard to clean inside it. What do you guys recommend? thanks

·
*Insert Something Cool*
2,066 Posts
You are screwed. Take it to a place and have them prof. cleaned ASAP. The smell will be there forever tho.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Remove the seat and take the seat cover off. Then wash it in cold water inthe washing machine. Then let it air dry. You'll need some hog rings and a tool to reassemble but this is your only real option. The professional cleaners are very harsh and can ruin the material.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Steam clean them yourself. I've done mine and it works great. My parents have a carpet steam cleaner and I just used the upholstery attatchment and very diluted cleaner. Worked great for me and didnt cost a lot.

·
Registered
364 Posts
this is why if i see any werid face my friends are giving me like they might puke i pull over and push them out of the car on the side of the highway. =D....GOOD LUCK on the clean OP

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I just had my car detailed, and while there was nothing major wrong like that - the car /did/ smell used.

They did a masterful job. It's worth having done - the car looks new inside, and doesn't smell like anything 'cept ozone and ck truth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (Goose @ Dec 6 2007, 08:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356023
this is why if i see any werid face my friends are giving me like they might puke i pull over and push them out of the car on the side of the highway. =D....GOOD LUCK on the clean OP[/b]

i hear that dude...i think it took me an hour to go six miles due to how many times i had to pull over...but its worth it, i hate that smell lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
If it was just a stain, I would say to go to your local Kmart and buy some Folex because that stuff WORKS. It takes several applications, but can get out most stains out there, even very old and dried ones. But since it probably smells like a mofo, your best option is to go to a professional and get the carpets cleaned with an extractor.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts