Scion tC Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just keep note that my contact is the email address I listed. Doc gets a lot of messages for led swaps, and it just takes more time since he fowards them to me.

Standard gauge and hvac swap runs about $95.00 plus shipping charges. Other options build from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The first post states that If red is to be done then the mod does not have to be done?? So does this mean that the stock resistors are fine for red led's?

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yep, if running red leds you can skip this mod all together and just swap out the leds.

·
FLD w/ H8
3,439 Posts
Engifineer i have been trying to pm you for a while now, but your inbox has been full. You sell Picc2's,resistors,ect for HVAC and gauge swap correct? If so, I am definitely interested in buying from you.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have deleted messages the last few days, but it seems lately my pm box here is very popular :p

I do sell the PLCC2 leds for $0.50 each and the HVAC mod kit (regulator and resistors) for $7.00. All prices are shipped via regular mail.

You can email me at [email protected]. I check that one pretty regularly.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!

Hey guys! I see nobody's posted on here in a long time, but I have faith that one of you out there will see this and either reply back or shoot me an e-mail ([email protected]).

I'm doing the HVAC swap and I can't get the weird little regulator SMD off the board. I've tried desoldering around it with wick and then tried flicking it with the soldering iron afterward, but it seems really stuck on there good. Please help, as this is the last thing I need done!!!!!

Allie

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hold the iron on the place where the heat sink(big tab) meets the pad it sits on (touching both the pad and the heat sink) first until all the solder there liquifies. While still heating, use needle nose pliers to lift that end up.Then heat the pins and use the pliers to pull that side free. Dont pull hard, let the solder melt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Afternoon!

I'm new here so forgive me if this question has been answered before, but I am looking to swap out my boring amber HVAC (and eventually gauge, too, when I work up the courage for that) LEDs to some blues and whites and I am unsure as to what I am supposed to do in regards to the resistors and if I HAVE to change them. I read that the OP said to change them but is it necessary? If it is, where can I buy them?

Thanks!!

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
On the HVAC, if you dont, it will look terrible (Very dim).

I used to sell the kits, but dont any longer ... way too much to do these days and could not keep up with it. You can source the resistors from Digikey pretty easily, or find someone here that is still selling kits. Not sure who is still doing it these days though so I am not much help :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the response!

Would I need to change all of the resistors? I'm guessing that I would.

I ask because while I was looking for the specified resistors, a couple of them were hard to find.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They shouldnt be hard to find. They are all standard value resistors. You will need to change all of them specified on the HVAC.

For the guages, you can change resistors and make it brighter, but nearly all of the ones I did kept the stock resistors and look perfect. So those are your choice.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts