Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I am going to be getting a scion and I want to know some things form yall?

Did you trade in a car?
What was your down payment?
what is your payment?
How long you wait for your car?

qhatever you can help me with, would be great?

does anyone have a Dvd in theres? and where did you put it?

I want a white one and I want really black tint? is that a good idea?

Any other cool things that look great in the interior let me know...I want to hook it up?

comment please!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey just go to the dealer and talk to them, all trades are different and you will eat it most likely. As far as mods, its what you like that counts, l like functional mods best.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dealer will probably get the best of you. However, there is a site called http://www.fitzmall.com/

They offer Scion's at a slightly discounted price, and they deliver. I just looked at an 06 that has an MSRP of $17,515. The delivered price is $17,146. Not earth shattering, but you still save $369 off the Toyota Pure Profit Price. If they offered Scion when I bought, I would have used them.

They normally offer better discounts. I just looked at an 05 WRX (2006 isn't out yet). They list the MSRP at $25,717, and discount it to $22,316 delivered. The factory Invoice for this car is $24,166. Not a bad deal.

Friends have bought other cars using their selling price as a bargining chip. That's worth considering if another car was a close 2nd place to the Scion.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wouldnt bother trying to haggle with a dealer for a Scion, it'll probably just upset them if you try to use a website as leverage. From what I've seen, and from *dealers* that I've talked to here, the Pure Price system is as close to bottom line as you will get. Trying to shave 300 dollars off because of what you saw on a website doesnt seem like the best course of action for buying a car. Sounds more like a moneygrubber "sweetdeals.com" website type of thing where you go and price match some retail store for something thats sold next door for like 5 bucks less. No offense

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's worth a shot though. Who really cares if you upset the dealer? I know they tend to piss me off quite a bit. Even if you can only squeeze one or two hundred out of them, better in my pocket then in theirs...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Personally speaking, I'm happy to not piss off my dealer. He's turned out to be a great source of information and a friend as well.

Don't burn bridges before you cross them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Always sound advice... But if your dealer is the kind of guy to get pissed off because you're trying to save a couple of bucks, then he probably isn't going to make a good friend anyway. Granted if you're a jerk about it and a bad haggeler then that's just a bad way to do business. But I've come across a few dealers that get very aggrivated when they see that you're an educated buyer and not going to give in to their crap...and even try to escape with a good deal. If that's the case, then that's a bridge that wouldn't hurt you to burn, afterall there are plenty of dealers around...even at the same lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.