Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You would have to replace the whole transmission as well as a ton of parts. Would definitely be cheaper to get a different car.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The tC is not rare enough to consider a gearbox swap. Sell it and buy a manual if you want one. You have no idea how many parts have to be changed when you make a swap like this, all the way down to the ECM. It's just not practical.

The one exception to this is if you can buy a wrecked manual for a VERY SMALL amount of money, then a swap might be OK because you'll have all the parts you need from the wreck.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, that and if you are not concerned AT ALL about your car's resale, cause it will go down to what salvage vehicles are at.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That will depend on a lot of factors. It isn't true for Supras converted from auto to 6 speed, but they're not a good comparision for much of anything.

If you do the swap right, the only way to know it's not right is to check the VIN and the build sticker to see the car was originally an auto.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Aug 19 2005, 12:36 PM
You would have to replace the whole transmission as well as a ton of parts.  Would definitely be cheaper to get a different car.
YUP.i had an 01 accord coupe before my tC and it was an automatic.i was wanting to change it to manual but after finding out everything that had to be replaced i was like forget it, i'll stick to having it auto and vowed that the next car i got would be 5 speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.