Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much should i expect to spend on tires? My parents said they got their's for 100$ apiece for their acura mdx (suv) and those were supposedly some of the better tires. On 1010tires however, it seemed like the price was higher closer to 150 apiece. also has anyone bought a new pair of tires right away? how much can i get for the stock tires if i replace them right away? thanks all!

edit: by the way, the acura has 17's but on 1010tires it seems more expensive also.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tire prices will vary a ton depending on size, tread, manufacturer, warranty, retailer, sales, rebates, package deals, etc. Few passenger cars come standard with 17" wheels like ours, 15-16 is more common for the class. If you look at the prices for say something like, a hundai accent its got like what, 13 or 14" wheels? The overall size is super small, youll see 4 tires going for 150 bucks installed sometimes. Usually when you go to a larger diameter wheelsize, the price of the tire goes up, even though some are less overall material, they have stronger sidewalls to compensate.

·
Registered
346 Posts
like he said, a lot of variants. i spend $1200 on my wheels and tires for my civic. 17x7 motegi mr-7's with kumho ectsa 711 tires.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Cheap is $400 before mount and balance. Expensive is $800 before mount and balance. I pay $15 per wheel for M & B. If you budget up to $600, you'll be able to afford a lot of really good choices that will perform and last a reasonable time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.