Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm from Autoweek magazine. Autoweek.com We currently have a long term TC and are about to run a intro article for the car. However, we need to have a little info from you, the owners.
So... Could you send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
1. Price you paid before taxes
2. Other vehicles considered
3. Your likes/dislikes about the car

Thanks alot from all of us at Autoweek.

Jon Wong

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
1. Same as everyone, 15900
2. Mazda3, RSX, chevy cobolt.
3. Likes: Everything Dislikes: Cheap feel in somethings, and rattles.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
price before tax and license : $16,610 including delivery fees and floor mats.
considered : used civic si, used prelude
likes : outracing $30K cars for that spot in the freeway, smooth solid power, the stares on the road.
dislikes : hatch rattles, dammit.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
1. $17,368
2. Civic EX, Chevy Cobalt, Mazda3, Mitsu Lancer RA
3. Likes: Nice pick-up, great bang for the buck, Toyota name
Dislikes: Cheap feel in some places.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
1. Everybody paid the same base price and different taxes/fees. I got the barebone 5-speed - which is $16500 or so. Taxes differ for everybody, dealer fees differ, too - so I don't see the point in this question.
2. Nothing - I did not need a new car - I just wanted a tC.
3. Best bang for the buck, looks, easy to work on, SC coming

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
1. 16500 before tax + 125 for mats
2. Mazda 3
3. Likes: Ride comfort, Bang for the buck is amazing, Toyota quality/reliability, interior quality, STANDARD FEATURES are amazing - everything you could need, panoramic sunroof is sweet, performance is great for the money, rear seat versatility makes for awesome cargo room, also rear passenger room is unbeatable.

Dislikes: dealership service department, lack of steering stereo controls, rear trunk is small.

Overall, still love the car.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Didn't he want all that stuff in an email?

1. Same as everyone else.
2. Mazda 3, Acura RSX
3. Likes: Good compromise of power and gas mileage, heads turning, can't beat the price for what you get.
Dislikes: Uuuuummmmm. My hatch doesn't rattle, so nothing comes to mind.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Feb 11 2005, 05:52 PM
I was wondering if I was going to be the only one who actually e-mailed him like he asked..
Yes, Marty, you are the only one. Others don't want to give their real email addresses to some unknown dude.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I had no intention of emailing him, but that's just because I'm lazy. I'm not very protective of my email address.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1. tito
2. mazda3, mazda6, 95 celica but wanted tc 9999x more
3. likes: quiet ignition, no rattling (cuz i got it late), everything else
dislikes: lack of rear wiper, heavy doors, long-throw clutch (my shoe gets stuck under the dash...

someone comment on the clutch and the wiper?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
As for the wiper, I've never really thought it was necessary. There was a separate thread about that a few weeks ago. As for the the clutch, I've never had any trouble. What size shoe do you wear?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Mine are 12. I know your problem, it goes away in a couple of weeks when you find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Mine are 12s as well (depends on the brand of shoe though). I was worried about having trouble with the pedals being too close or running into the transmission tunnel, but I fit very comfortably.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.