Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically i wanted to see how much you guys paid for a base Tc, ( 5 Speed ), i see from the website that the TC msrp is $16700 but on edmunds it shows that it is $16200. What price did u guys get it for????
Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
on scion.com, it will tell you. It is pure pricing, so the dealership can't raise the price...we all paid the same base price, the accessories change your cost from there. You can go to each dealership website to see what they charge for documention fees....but its pretty straight forward. We all paid the same base price, roughly!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
That does mean the MSRP is non-negotiable.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Invoice price is what the dealer pays for the car. That's all. You'll NEVER get ANY Scion dealer to move anywhere with the price. I don't really like it but I paid it

·
Registered
97 Posts
16200 plus 500 delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the site it says $16200 plus $635 delivery and $650 for documenting fees,.is that right??? i've heard about delivery fees and its BS
to pay for it ,but documenting fees on top of that !
now thats a rip off!! has anyone gotten away with both of them or just one????

·
Registered
264 Posts
i think the delivery shipping and handling fee is/was 545. documentation fee varies by state and dealer. in southern california, it should be around 45 dollars. i have heard of some dealers around the country charging hundreds of dollars for this--however in southern california, you should pay 45 dollars since there are quite a few that have the 45 dollar rate. when you actually get the car, the tax will vary by the state you live in/primarily use the car in. the title and license fees probably vary by state as well. you might get offered optional electronic dmv registration for some more cashola.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You pay the price + Transportation charge (shipping from Japan, Trucking to the dealer), plus tax, title, licensing, etc. There's lots of fees to tack on. My car was $18,160 (Auto + Side curtain airbags). Then i had to pay tax and registration and title fees. Hoo. I was thinking I would put down $4000 and that would be it. Nope. I spent about $6000 (Bought out of state so I had to pay the tax and everything on my own)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Scion vehicles are generally built and shipped with the same standard features and equipment (mono-spec). Customers can personalize their car with available options and accessories (see the accessories section of this website). Base price includes $635.00 delivery, processing and handling fee for vehicles delivered on or after November 1, 2005. For vehicles processed and delivered before November 1, 2005, the fee is $585.00. Base price does not include any factory-, port- and/or dealer-installed accessories. Base price does not include sales tax, vehicle inventory tax, or title, registration & inspection fees. Base price does not include documentary fee ($50.00).[/b]
If you go to scion.com, enter your zip and go to a dealer website, go to the vehicle pricing page, and select tc, go to the bottom and that's what each dealership charges. You'll have to go from different dealership pages, but then you have an idea before you leave your house. Documentation fees vary from dealerships and so do accessories.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by superwhite2005@Dec 6 2005, 05:44 PM
On the site it says $16200 plus $635 delivery and $650 for documenting fees,.is that right??? i've heard about delivery fees and its BS
to pay for it ,but documenting fees on top of that !
now thats a rip off!! has anyone gotten away with both of them or just one????
How is it a ripoff? If that's what it costs, that's what it costs.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Doc fees vary by dealer. Some in ATL area charge $499, some $199, and if you are buying a Toyota you can probably haggle it off, but not with Scions.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Which dealer in the ATL area charges $199? I never saw one cheaper than $399 the summer before last.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
one million times.

pure pricing does not mean price fixing. dealers can charge what they want, but what they charge HAS to be their posted and advertised price.

the car sits at about 900 over invoice. why is that a rip off?
damn, i must be jaded from my time as a dealer.
california does not allow a documentation fee to wander, it is set at 45 bucks.
when someone on a deal other than a scion says they are waiving a fee, dropping the D/H/P fee, etc... they are not. they are cutting into the profit on the car you are buying. its like when your trade in went up by 1800 bucks during negotiating. the value of your car did not increase all of a sudden, they are moving money around to make you feel warm and fuzzy. you want a good deal? come buy a toyota from one of my guys. the ability to hide dollars and move things will have you walking out paying 3 grand more than you had to. i know, because i watch them do it.
you should be counting your lucky stars they dont let me play with the money side of the tC. with it's popularity, i would be marking them up by 2 grand and still selling them.

then were would you be with your rip-off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear what u guys are saying and i know that the actual price of the car is not negotiable. but from my experience in purchasing cars and advice from friends that are salesman, i know that the destination is a scam, because i have never paid for them thats why i was surprised when i saw documenting fees and destination fees. So most of u guys paid 16200+destination+documenting fees which is over 17500 for a base scion, im in miami,FL by the way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.