Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making the trip from Buffalo NY to Stuart Florida July 2nd. ITs about a 19 hour drive and i'm just trying to figure out how many miles per tank I can expect to get. Anyone had their tC out for a long trip yet? Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I've gotten as high as 34mpg with the AC on but I'm in an auto and that drive I was descending, albeit very little at a time, that whole tank.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The most I've ever gone is 382. I was a bit nervous with the light on for that long and it took 13.3 gallons to fill (less than a gallon left). If I were on a road trip, I'd plan to start looking for gas at about 330 depending on how far apart stations usually are for a trip like that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've had around 385.. not even half the tank was mountain driving -- most was mixed city/highway! I was really happy with that tank! Phillips gas, I think..

I'm really curious to see how it does on a road trip..

-K

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can't get more than 310 to save my life.

EDIT: BTW, when you guys are getting low, lights been on for some miles, and you take a right or left turn, or accelerate hard, does your engine kinda die/buck like it's getting fuel starved? I noticed that when i try to push it past 310 miles, if i even get to 310, and I give it some gas, all the power will drop out real hard, car doesn't die, but what I assumed it was was fuel starvation.... goin around a bend hard on empty=intermittent fuel delivery as the pump tries to find the last fuel sloshing around the tank.....

Correct me if im wrong....

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I haven't tried that specifically, and haven't experienced it. I usually get gas before the light comes on. My Corsica was really bad for it though. TT Supras have an elaborate structure in the tank to raise the fuel level near the pick up to prevent this. I doubt the tC does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took a long trip and this is what I got with my 5-speed. The cruise control set at 85+- with 1200 miles on the car at the start.

first tank 28.2 mpg with windows and sunroof closed no a/c

second tank 24.8 mpg with window and sunroof open all the way no a/c

third tank 27.1 mpg with a/c on everything closed

fourth tank 26.4 mpg with sunroof popped and windows 1/4 open

The open sunroof really drags down the mpg's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.