Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me a new car would have less than 1 mile on it.

How many miles did you all have on your car when you picked it up?

·
Registered
55 Posts
27. The my dealer has the truck deliver to a remote site where they are detailed and filled with gas. Then to the showroom. Also, there are so few tcs that the dealers don't keep a demo for test drives. So they probably used my car for a few days before they called me to pick up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought Scion HQ required that all dealers have a test car? Am I the only one who cares that someone else has driven my supposed "new" car? Seems to me that the very fact of someone else driving it makes the car "used"......

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Strictly speaking, what makes the car used is having a prior owner. =P Seriously though, I wouldn't want to buy a "new" car with too many miles on it. I told myself that I wouldn't accept delivery if it had more than 10 (a reasonable amount for getting gas, checking it out at the service dept. before selling it, etc.), but to be honest I probably still would've taken it with 27 so I wouldn't have to wait who knows how long for another one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
(*@#$&&(@ dealership had 42 miles on mine and i had to wait 4 weeks for it. the original slip said 7 and when i went in to make a list of complaints against them she just told me that they "could not explain it." wtf? thats bull$#&*.

i did not put down a deposit to buy a "new" car with 42 miles on it. what @$$*$&#!. i definitely did not buy a car for other people to test drive it. what bastards.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear what you all are saying.....it just sucks. We all know how hard these cars are driven on a test drive.

·
Registered
282 Posts
the slip for my car says 6 miles which i signed 2 weeks before picking up the car. well after i drove my new car off the lot, it already at 19 miles on it. is it possible that they used my car as a test drive before handing it over to me???

·
Registered
793 Posts
Mine had 5 miles on it, which made me smile SOOO BIG.

Now it has 1800 on it...which makes me wanna cry.

·
Registered
619 Posts
mine had 4 before. Now exactly 2 months and a day later it has 4700. i agree loopy that makes me

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.