Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me a new car would have less than 1 mile on it.

How many miles did you all have on your car when you picked it up?

·
Registered
55 Posts
27. The my dealer has the truck deliver to a remote site where they are detailed and filled with gas. Then to the showroom. Also, there are so few tcs that the dealers don't keep a demo for test drives. So they probably used my car for a few days before they called me to pick up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought Scion HQ required that all dealers have a test car? Am I the only one who cares that someone else has driven my supposed "new" car? Seems to me that the very fact of someone else driving it makes the car "used"......

·
Registered
55 Posts
They have to keep 1 tc on the lot at all times, but it doesn't have to be the same one all year. Nothin wrong with some one jumping in my car for 10 miles, that is before it's mine.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Strictly speaking, what makes the car used is having a prior owner. =P Seriously though, I wouldn't want to buy a "new" car with too many miles on it. I told myself that I wouldn't accept delivery if it had more than 10 (a reasonable amount for getting gas, checking it out at the service dept. before selling it, etc.), but to be honest I probably still would've taken it with 27 so I wouldn't have to wait who knows how long for another one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
(*@#$&&(@ dealership had 42 miles on mine and i had to wait 4 weeks for it. the original slip said 7 and when i went in to make a list of complaints against them she just told me that they "could not explain it." wtf? thats bull$#&*.

i did not put down a deposit to buy a "new" car with 42 miles on it. what @$$*$&#!. i definitely did not buy a car for other people to test drive it. what bastards.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear what you all are saying.....it just sucks. We all know how hard these cars are driven on a test drive.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine had 3 miles. I ordered it & waited 2 weeks for it to come into port and be trucked to the dealer in NW FL.

·
Registered
282 Posts
the slip for my car says 6 miles which i signed 2 weeks before picking up the car. well after i drove my new car off the lot, it already at 19 miles on it. is it possible that they used my car as a test drive before handing it over to me???

·
Registered
793 Posts
Mine had 5 miles on it, which made me smile SOOO BIG.

Now it has 1800 on it...which makes me wanna cry.

·
Registered
619 Posts
mine had 4 before. Now exactly 2 months and a day later it has 4700. i agree loopy that makes me

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Mine has gone from 3 to about 1,100 in exactly four weeks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts