Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
This kind of thread has been beaten to death. But I'll at least tell you what I experienced before everyone starts telling you to "SEARCH FIRST!!".

I waited an entire month for my dealer to custom order my BSP tC with a 5-speed. It was worth the wait. I love my tea-see.

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
hey, ease up. there is such a thing as new people who are unfamiliar with message boards.

note the three posts by this new member.

now, from port to the dealership depends on how far away said port is from that dealership.

our port is now in San Fran so, cars show up a little sooner than when it was in LA.

figure the allocation of cars is filled on either the first or the fifteenth of every month. then the cars arrive about two weeks later.

welcome to the site.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
mori pwns.

these days your wait time can vary from 0 minutes (we are stocked heavy right now) to two weeks (if i have to order it from port).
at one point, it took up to 4 months to get a car from us. but, those days are behind us.

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Took me 3mos, but that was a year ago.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
-1 days, it was arriving when i first started inquiring held it during the paperwork the very next day.

· Registered
452 Posts
Took them three weeks to get my car but it didnt come with any of the things i ordered so i had to bring it back in a week later for them to put the stuff on...

· Registered
4,894 Posts
3 weeks here.

No problem 'bout the dead horse subject....

Welcome to the site

· Registered
39 Posts
It took my car 4 weeks, which is actually quicker than I thought. It was worth the wait for all the options I wanted.

And this is a subject that will never die, along with a lot of subjects you all b*tch about people not doing a search for - wait times are changing all the time.

Welcome to the site!

· Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 15 2006, 11:19 PM
hey, ease up. there is such a thing as new people who are unfamiliar with message boards.

note the three posts by this new member.

now, from port to the dealership depends on how far away said port is from that dealership.

our port is now in San Fran so, cars show up a little sooner than when it was in LA.

figure the allocation of cars is filled on either the first or the fifteenth of every month. then the cars arrive about two weeks later.

welcome to the site.
hey mori..
so is that 2 weeks for your dealership or any in the country? I mean after the allocation comes through, and they know they're getting a car.. then it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks 'til it shows up at the dealer?

· Registered
219 Posts
It took me a month they had to find mine in MD

· Registered
1,162 Posts
I was told by the dealer to order 8 wks in advance here in CT for a 5MT FM with side airbags. I don't want to take delivery before May (I want to have the money to put down a decent down payment), so should I wait until mid-April to get the car in the middle/end of May? I've decided to have the leather put in, so that may take a day or 2 after the dealer gets it, but I don't want it to "surprisingly" take less time and have to buy it when I don't have the money I want yet.

Suggestions?

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Tell your dealer when you want to buy the car. if they are anything like d and me (which i am sure they are not but, who knows) they will order at the right time to get the car on your schedule. bottom line, if the car comes in early, you don't need to take that one. wait for the next or the next. work with your dealer so it can work out right for you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.