Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car in may and i havent waxed it yet because ive ben told that after you get the car the paint still requires time to chemicaly dry. My question is how long should i wait before i wax is for the first time and what wax would you guys recommend.

Also, do you guys know if using LANGKA workswith the paint from the dealer. i have a scratch that my finger nail got caught in and then further damaged it by using rubbing compound, now i have scratch and around the strach the paint looks dull, upon very close inspection it is scratched with very tiny marks. Should i use LANGKA and will it look like new or is is better the just leave it alone.
Thanks in advance
Teksabian

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
it never hurts to wax your car, however the chemicals should be 99.9% dry already so waxing can only help you in this case, go ahead and wax it, it can only help, I know its helped me get out of some rock scratches before, so I would recommend doing it as soon as possible

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I am sure, the paint can be waxed immediately. Baking the car, not airdrying means you don't have to wait 90 days before waxing, like peglegskier said. I would suggest any high quality wax, i like eagle one products.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whee! Another Z2 Pro vs. NXT thread.

FACT: You can wax your new car the day you bring it home. In fact, it is best to ask the dealership NOT to detail the car so you dont get any dealer installed swirl marks.
FACT: The only way to remove physical damage to paint is to repair the damage. No chemical will 'coverup' will fix damaged paint. Hiding it does not fix it.
FACT: Z2 lasts MUCH longer than NXT. (5-6months vs. 2-3 months)
FACT: NXT has a better initial shine than Z2 (2-3 weeks)

I've tested Z2 Pro (and all of its steps) vs. NXT (with all the Z2 steps, minus the Z1) on my own tC.

Currently I'm testing Klasse All-In-One. It seems like a nice product, not as much shine as NXT or Z2, but it does seem very durable after 3 weeks. This time I didn't clay the car, but I did use a random orbital polisher. Even after washing the car, the buffing pad managed to pick up a little bit of contaminate from the paint.

If you are truly interested in taking good care of the surface of your car, I suggest you browse the forums at http://autopia.org . Especially the autopia university forum.

When I took my car to the dealership to take care of the wind deflector vinyl applied, the car ended up next to a brand new '06 FM tC. I found it interesting that my paint had more 'sparkle' than the brand new car. My guess is the difference is a direct result of using good products on the paint.

763 Posts
Originally posted by krzy@Dec 16 2005, 09:27 PM
FACT: You can wax your new car the day you bring it home. In fact, it is best to ask the dealership NOT to detail the car so you dont get any dealer installed swirl marks.
I wish I would have known that...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.