Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well im planning to order lowering springs real soon. I went through and read all the topics and really wanna get the s-techs from tein. Most have the trd, but with stock 17's, i dont think trd will remove the wheel gap, well not to my satisfaction at least. The problem of course is the warranty. Since ppl r getting the s-techs, a freind of mine with a BSP tc got them, how important is the suspension warranty? Is the extra 1" worth the loss of the warranty? responsed from trd owners and s-tech owners would be great thnx!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The TRDs remove the wheel gap completely on the stock 17s. I don't know what "to your satisfaction" is, but I do know that it's tight enough that I can't get my hand on top of the tire to check the tread.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
TRD is the way to go, after they settle there is almost no wheel gap whatsoever.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i saw eddnogs on 17's, and if trd's do that than I love it, but ive seen other tcs with the springs and dont look as low as eddnogs pics of his 17's with springs. How long do you think they will take to settle?

·
Registered
191 Posts
mine didn't seem to take too long to settle. they're pretty low already.. and i've only had it for about a month.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by beezy@Dec 25 2005, 04:09 AM
Hey guys, well im planning to order lowering springs real soon. I went through and read all the topics and really wanna get the s-techs from tein. Most have the trd, but with stock 17's, i dont think trd will remove the wheel gap, well not to my satisfaction at least. The problem of course is the warranty. Since ppl r getting the s-techs, a freind of mine with a BSP tc got them, how important is the suspension warranty? Is the extra 1" worth the loss of the warranty? responsed from trd owners and s-tech owners would be great thnx!!!
As far as the warranty goes, how important it is depends on how much money you have.

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.