Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new here and am currently interested in getting a tC. I was just wondering how happy everyone is with their car and if there have been any problems (major or minor). Also how is the dealership experience, with both buying and servicing the car. I know all dealers are different but I'm curious how bad and how good they can be.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Welcome to the site!! I love my tC and i have not had any problems with it so far. iot is everything i expected for the price i paid for it. my experience with my dealership was great. not haggling over price made it a much more comfortable situation for me as a first time car buyer.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Infamous minor problems are the radio cover and sunroof popping. Semi-difficult to get into Reverse and getting adjusted to the drive-by-wire might set back beginning manual-users.

·
Registered
614 Posts
it's an excellent car. there are some really horrible dealers out there though, so be careful and really observe the place and the people who work there before you give them a deposit or buy the car from them. it's easy to walk away when no money is involved. i got my car from a horrible dealer from hell, literally. for a while they looked nice and all but they didn't show their true face until it was too late and i had bought the car from them. very satan-like. the trouble started and i couldn't walk away. but i fought fire with fire and i was able to get what i needed and get away from them. now i go somewhere else. but yeah, just be sharp when you go to the dealers. pay attention to the atmosphere and the surroundings as well as the employees.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i love my car, love it more every day. (I can't remember when i used the word "love" so much)I will just stare at it when its in eye site. i have some intermintent poping and rattling but its defently not somthing that i lose sleep over. i got mine from Boch (mass.) everything when smoothly. they are great over there. it get looks and head turns all the time. i have over 5000 mi on it and have no problems at all.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
I LOVE MY TC!!!!... there have been complaints here and there (especially scionlife.com) about the abs and rattling of the hatch and moonroof but i've had NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.. my tC has been great to me... its 2 days old and im really lovin it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've seen the pics of the leather, it looks really good. I've actually been lurking around the site for a couple weeks now, i just figured it was time i should register. So far this is looking like the next car for me. I've driven one a couple of times and the only real gripe i have is that the shifter is way too high for cruising comfort. But, i read that TWM has a short shifter out already so I'll get that and hopefully that will make it better. Another thing is the tc isn't as quick as my car now, but i would take the toyota reliability over power anyday, especially with the super/turbocharger kits coming out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have mine for a little over a month now. I can't say its perfect, but close to it. I do notice some noise from the interior of my car. Since I think its only my car that is making noises, so there shouldn't be any concern in your decision on purchasing a tC. the drive is a lot of fun and you do get what you paid for. I guess I have too high of a standard and I am comparing my car with my sister's tsx. I still feel this car can be tighter.

needless to say, I still love it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I love my tc. I had the moonroof noise for a little bit and it was really annoying but it seems to have stopped. Plus the noises that it did make were not nearly as annoying as for focus I previous owned or the neon before that. Anyways tomorrow will be the real test because I'm taking it on a four hour road trip to the beach that way I can test the comfort factor.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
This whole drive-by-wire thing.... the neon is drive-by-wire too or am I wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Luv my TC..For the price an handling an all the above, it wasnt wat i expected..had my ? about the car..After testdriving it at the daelership near my house I just fell in luv w/it,when ur in it an driving it man its the best maybe cause its mine..=)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am absolutly thrilled with my tC!!! I haven't had any problems with pops or rattling. It's an amazing deal for the money and in my opinion is powerful enough. I know it feels more powerful than my Acura Legend V6 but that's probably because it's newer. My favorite part about the tC is that is doesn't "pull" when you accelerate around corners and curves. It feels solid and I've gotten TONS of complements on it. It's a sharp looking car and is far from a "chick" car.... it had substinance!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by JSVH@Oct 7 2004, 05:38 PM
Best car ever, I could not be happier with any other car. This car was built for me.
What he said goes for me too. I'm still absolutely thrilled with my tC.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.