Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at this for a while now. Is there an easy way? Also, sorry for the post from before. It was a miscommunication.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the headlights are very easy to access. pop the hood. look at the back side of the lamps. you will see the sockets. they require a twist to unlock, and then slide out. remove the bulb from the socket. reverse to install. make sure to twist in and get a lock, otherwise they will bounce around and maybe out.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You,

The guy at advanced autoparts said I have to take out the screws. That looked to be very difficult.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
You will also never want to touch the bulbs with your bare hands as the oil wil significantly decrease the life of the bulb because it gets so hot.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You both for the information. I made sure not to touch the bulb, that would suck to have them go out in a few months. I have already installed them and they look great. Next step, high beams.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Nov 13 2005, 02:08 AM
not touch the glass part right?
touching the metal part is okay right?
wat if i use like napkin to hold it?
I probably wouldn't use a napkin cause it seems like it could be a bit slippery but I suppose it would work. i'd recommend some gloves, though.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Nov 13 2005, 02:36 AM
clean gloves. not gloves you wore to change your oil.
Naturally.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Nov 14 2005, 06:52 PM
i dont get y u ppl just cant post the pic up instead of the link.....

so napkin is okay except bein too slippery?
for one, that pic is 1600x1200 res... which would piss off a lot of ppl here (not me b/c my LCD native is 1600x1200), plus most ppl dont know/want to resize (they may not be sure about resizing w/o losing image quality)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everytime I try it, it gives me this broken link.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You're using the wrong link from Photobucket....
If you're browsing your photo album, it should list the "IMG" tag you need.. just copy that line.

Like this:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it is the pure blue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.