Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the rear hatch have enough room to fit a box for 2 12" Kicker L5 subs? i dont know how i could install it becuz of the spare tire hatch..and how about the rear seats? do u guys recline them and then do the install or with the seats up? Im jus concerned about the functionality of the seats and tire hatch..or am i jus being anal..haha comments please

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
my subs take up most of the room back there but they can be removed if I need anything out of the trunk, its not hard at all as long as you give some cable room, and some room to move it when you fold down the seats you should be alright.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I built a custom box for one twelve. I can still get to my spare but the box sits on top of it. I only raised the floor about 2" so everything is still functional. I calculated the box volume as 1.6 cubic feet. The problem is there is only on spot in my box deep enough and wide enough to put a twelve. There is pictures under the thread show of you custom stereos. For to twelves I like Goldenchilds idea of a removable box. I used to do that with all my cars just so I could still use the trunk.

·
Registered
453 Posts
hey i have exactly what u want to put in (l7's not l5's but its the same size) and it fits easily, originally i had the back seats up as high as they could go (still comfortabel to sit in) but yesterday i reclined the seats about 4-5 clicks and pusjed the subs back....not only does it seat better for the people in the back, but the sound is a lot better too....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.