Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know how to change the back ground color of my cd player. I have the cd-rom manual. It says to hold in the ssp button. But this doesn't work. The cd-rom is for a 2005 Scion Tc. Can I change the background color?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Go and get the the '06 HU - it should have come with the car. On the '05 only 6-disc changer had a color-change option and there was a special button for it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one that came with my car is from and 05. Where do I get it?

·
Registered
542 Posts
if your car is an 06 the dealer should have put in a matching 06 radio. u should see if they will set things right

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If??? If I got an 06 with an 05 HU, I'd be pissed! What's the point of having steering wheel controls for decoration?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the radio is a 2006. The cd-rom manual is for 2005 models. Does anybody know how to change the color of the radio display on a 2006 TC?

·
Registered
291 Posts
www.scion.com
under own section
under inside your scion
click on the 2006 scion tc manuel and go to audio then changing color on radio

Sorry I don't have interactive web that it requires or i would of posted it!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 10 2005, 07:04 PM
What's the point of having steering wheel controls for decoration?
When they had the '05 radio in my '06, the steering wheel controls still worked, which is funny because that means that they knew there was a difference, but they still put the old one in. Ha!

If I'm not mistaken, only the '06 with the iPod feature has the option to change the color of the display.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.