Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another post i mentioned that i only finished my front end suspension with the trd shocks and springs. Im had trouble torqueing the bottom mount at 177 feet-lb. I did them at least at 130 feet-lb. How do i finish torqueing it? im a little skinny man and 130 is all i can do.

Is driving with just the front suspension bad? Im gonna do the back half in a day or two. thanks

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i would even that out asap.

as for the torque - i dont know how to help you out here if you cant push the torque wrench down any further. enlist help from someone who can.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Get a hollow pipe that can fit around the end of the torque wrench and that will help you get more leverage. Its called a cheater pipe.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
But if it's a click type torque wrench, it will not be the right torque. Your hand placement on the wrench affects the measured torque, and grabbing the wrench in the wrong place renders the entire operation pointless.

Adding a cheater bar would require some recalculation of the torque values based on the length of the extension. It's usually easier just to get a bigger person to work the wrench properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.