Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Aug 5 2004, 06:49 PM
Some fishing string and a blow dryer should be enough.
ill never understand the point of debading a new car
Its almost like those posers who debage their GS 300's in an effort to front as a GS 400 etc.......... LAME!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I heard on another thread that someone had debadged their car... then put another model on... when the guy got pulled over... the police wrote down the wrong car model... the guy ended up getting off because of that.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It depends. If you just want to take the tC off, I'm sure it could be done with just a hair dryer, and some carful tweaking and pulling. I wouldn't suggest you take off the scion emblem because I believe there is an indentation in the body of the car for it. I thought about taking my tC logo off and painting it. But not yet. I'm still loving the whole "brand new" car thing. But do as you wish..... just please, no screw drivers. Be careful!

·
Registered
999 Posts
It's because the Feng Shui is totally off.

Usually I like to have things balanced; which is why I sorta prefer dual exhaust than single. You have the Scion badge, tC on lower right and nothing on left.

For some, having nothing on both side is the "balance".

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yep, while I probably won't be debaging my car, I do understand Silver's look on this. I ESPECIALLY hate it when dealers put their tag on the SAME side as the model tag....it just screws it all up even more.

My dealer put their tag opposite the tC, but I still didn't want it on there so I had them take it off before I left the lot.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
dental floss will remove the badge nicely. then a little goo gone or something like that to remove the rest of the ... goo.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 5 2004, 07:15 PM
I heard on another thread that someone had debadged their car... then put another model on... when the guy got pulled over... the police wrote down the wrong car model... the guy ended up getting off because of that.
what a lucky d00d!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Aug 6 2004, 08:15 AM
dental floss will remove the badge nicely. then a little goo gone or something like that to remove the rest of the ... goo.
werd. i doubled up a length of floss, slid it underneath, and it sliced through the adhesive nicely. then a little rubbing with just my finger took off the majority of the remaining adhesive. what was left was easily cleaned off with a little wd-40. lighter fluid is a great cleanser for adhesive, but not on a factory clear coat, it will fog the surface. goof-off or something if you have it is good. wd-40 knocked it out for me. a little on a rag and a little rubbing, followed by a good wax. shiny.

and silver - thats exactly why i took mine off. i need symmetry in my life.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i'm a stock kinda guy, and will probably not debadge my tc when i get it. I also think that later down the line, if you have to sell the car, it might be a turn off to someone, but then i guess you can always glue it back.....oh well, thats' just my.02

·
Registered
70 Posts
just some dental floss, hair drier, and goo-gone to remove the badge...then with the leftover sticky stuff on the back of the badge, u can stick onto any other hard surface! (i put it on top of my monitor)

·
Registered
347 Posts
When I was in Germany and Austria a couple of years ago, I noticed that almost no BMW's had model numbers on them. I asked a German, and he told me that the debadging is a factory option because it is considered rude or "bragging" to have the model number on the back. (If you had a 545, you wouldn't want to flaunt this to your neighbor with the 535)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed@Aug 11 2004, 06:06 PM
When I was in Germany and Austria a couple of years ago, I noticed that almost no BMW's had model numbers on them. I asked a German, and he told me that the debadging is a factory option because it is considered rude or "bragging" to have the model number on the back. (If you had a 545, you wouldn't want to flaunt this to your neighbor with the 535)
Thats interesting... I guess we are more materialistic and like to identify ourselves by our things...

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I wouldn't debadge my tC when I get one but definately will make the dealership take theirs off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed@Aug 11 2004, 05:06 PM
Oh well, i'm gonna debadge my tC and put a gold plated 740IL there instead... i'll have the only Scion 740IL on the block. Boo yaka sha!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts