Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying tC or SUV. I hate SUVs but one of the main requirements is to be able to carry 2 bicycles (mountain type).
Can I carry 2 bicycles inside with back seats folded down? If not, what are the options?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can definitely answer this question. With the seats folded down and the front wheels taken off of each of the two bikes, they will fit in the tC stacked on top of each other. It was a hassle, but it does work, especially if you have bike that have a quick release on your front wheel.

I got a bike rack and tried it on the tC, it just wasn't secure at all. The hatch on the tC just isn't made for the straps on the bike rack to really hold it down well.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've put two road bikes in a tC with the rear seats down. It will work.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
the yakima rack is something I would think about. they make all kinds of great attachments that will allow you to carry up to four or so on the top of a regular passenger car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i would watch out for putting them in the back, cause even if they do fit, you won't really have room for anything else. personally im not a fan of small suv's like the rav4 or honda element, but you seem to fit their target demographic. if you want to get a suv thats cool. also i suppose if you like the scion enough, you would be able to find a way to make it work. you could maybe get an xb if your looking for more room, but still want to have great fuel economy

whatever you do, don't let other people decide whats right for you. most people here dislike suv's but that doesnt make them bad. many people here hate automatics but that doesnt mean the whole world hates them. automatics and suv's are very popular so someone must like them. (and not just middle-aged soccer moms!
)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.