Scion tC Forums banner

Hotchkis Sways

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  lo bux racer 
#1 ·
In installed my Hotchkis sway bars today and I was just perusing the tC service manual and noticed that the Hotchkis directions recommend the wrong torque specs for pretty much all of the front sub-assembly nuts and bolts. Some of their specs are too low and others are too high. This is just an FYI.

#3 ·
^^^ true, though i think it is drop specific. i know we ran into that problem with lances tC, and i expect to have to tackle it a little when i put mine in this weekend, but for guys running a more mild drop than we are, they should clear okay.

#4 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Mar 4 2006, 10:09 AM
^^^ true, though i think it is drop specific. i know we ran into that problem with lances tC, and i expect to have to tackle it a little when i put mine in this weekend, but for guys running a more mild drop than we are, they should clear okay.
No problem on my ride; I'm dropped to 13.5" all around (measure from wheel dead center to 12:00 on fender lip) with Hotchkis antisways, H&R coilovers and Hotchkis rear camber links. Where is it rubbing on your car? Can you hear it when you drive?

-Ed

#5 ·
thats going to be a question for lobux - he is the one who discovered it on his ride a few days after we did the install.

#6 ·
#7 ·
just got mine in this morning over at lance's. much thanks to him for his time and his air-tools. i have exactly the same problem lance has (and several others) with rubbing when trying to turn to the lock. other than that... naturally they provide a huge improvement over stock, but we all know that. great bars, not too terrible an install.
now we need to get to fabricating adjustable links.

#8 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Mar 11 2006, 05:39 PM
just got mine in this morning over at lance's. much thanks to him for his time and his air-tools. i have exactly the same problem lance has (and several others) with rubbing when trying to turn to the lock. other than that... naturally they provide a huge improvement over stock, but we all know that. great bars, not too terrible an install.
now we need to get to fabricating adjustable links.
I was looking at it today since the car was on a lift...

Is it possible to make an adjustable replacement bracket for the lower front link?

-Ed

#9 ·
i was thinking the easiest way to correct the problem would be to cut the link at the middle and remove a piece, thread the ends, and use a coupler in the middle for length adjustment.

#10 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Mar 11 2006, 05:45 PM
i was thinking the easiest way to correct the problem would be to cut the link at the middle and remove a piece, thread the ends, and use a coupler in the middle for length adjustment.
Sort of like the Hotchkis links for the rear, I take it?

-Ed

#13 ·
Shorter links fix the problem. I have shorter links on mine. They work fine, but are not the right solution for the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.