Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i was wondering who has their hotchkis sway bars (front and rear) on which holes?

my front is on the hole that sits right next to the bar (the stiffest), where as my rear bar is on the middle of the three holes (second stiffest for rear)...

what are the pros/cons of putting the rear bar on the stiffest setting?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would try the front on the softer setting, to much front bar will reduce traction coming out of a corner and cause understeer, keep the rear where it is for now.

What do you have for springs, shocks(or coilovers), wheels, tires, any heavy audio gear in the back, etc???

Rick

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, completely stock suspension (except for the bars obviously) & nothing major in the back, just a laptop bag sans laptop (works good as a bag for classes tho)...

i havent noticed any understeer at all yet, but then again i havent been paying too close attention to see if i am under/oversteering, i pay most attention to the road b/c there are a lot of unskilled drivers out there that are attracted to my car like magnets and want to crash into me... even semis want to... i had to fly past one in third this morning... bastard tried to cut me off...

the guy who installed them asked me what settings i wanted and told me that if i went w/stiffest setting in the back (with any setting in the front), i would get oversteer which is bad in FWD cars...

i know what understeer is, but im not sure how to check for it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.