Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys im really stumped. so please give me some feedback. okay the trd is a nice sounding exhuast system. but does it improve your hp. i've read that it does in some auto parts websites and other say that it doesnt do a dam thing but just makes noise. help me out guys.

do u guys know other good ones.???

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think toyota claims a few extra ponies with the trd exhaust, but i doubt that you'll feel a diffrence. As of so far, i think the only options are axel back, and none of those are really going to give you large improvements. Dig through the prev. posts here it's been discussed a lot

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I am yet to see an exhaust setup that has even marginally decent noise to hp ratio. I'd rather miss out on 3-5-7 ponies but be able to use the rest without letting everyone know that I'm redlining the car.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
what ever happened to Knight Rider, and Kitts silent mode?..... i always liked the idea of burning someone with out making a whole lot of noise

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@Apr 19 2005, 02:02 PM
what ever happened to Knight Rider, and Kitts silent mode?..... i always liked the idea of burning someone with out making a whole lot of noise
I can't wait for a silent exhaust kit to come out. Not that I'm really going for a sleeper kinda look, but I just find the high-pitched noice abnoxious. (with the exception of the TRD, because that's pretty subtle.)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
TRD is still pretty loud. Not as bad everything else, but still makes people's heads turn. Not a good thing for the way I drive.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh+Apr 19 2005, 07:29 PM-->QUOTE (Pharoh @ Apr 19 2005, 07:29 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-hamster
@Apr 19 2005, 02:02 PM
I can't wait for a silent exhaust kit to come out. Not that I'm really going for a sleeper kinda look, but I just find the high-pitched noice abnoxious. (with the exception of the TRD, because that's pretty subtle.) [/b]
Hell yeah. I love the sound ofa good exhaust on a powerful engine, but in this tC, I'd rather have a completely silent exhaust AND power.... Sleeper deffinitely. Anyone know who/when/where someone is working on this?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's called Prius.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Apr 23 2005, 03:14 PM
It's called Prius.
???

You talking about the car?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes. Can be virtually silent and deliver full torque. Only electrics can do that.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You post a statement like that without a link? SHAME on you! I GOTTA see that!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Here's a possible source of the Prius turbo news:

May 2005 issue of CARGO magazine, Page 103
It says:
"BLITZ Prius Turbo Kit"

This K2 turbo bumps HP from 76 to 130HP, and added to the 67 hp from the electric motor, gives you 197 HP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay seeing how the trd doesnt give u much gain in HP.

how about injen. im just not sure about these guys this brand to me seems a little cheap. i just dont wanna get dooped into buying something not worth the money what do u guys think.

injen exhuast

need info please. thank u

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
bah...check my thread in this folder called "Exhaust is in" The creative compacts exhaust is a FULL exhaust and will actually add power. ALL the axlebacks are similar and you'll only see a 2 - 3hp gain. And I'm skeptical about that.......

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
< adding that injen is a perfectly good company with good products.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.