Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any numbers for actual HP improvements with different performance mods. Now, I'm talking actual before and after's as measured out on a dyno wheel.

The only reason I'm curious is that the stock rating is 160 horse. I have the trd exhaust and not that I was expecting a huge jump or anything, but when we popped it on the wheel we couldn't even get 160 peak out of it. I know that a TON of factors can account for this, I'm just curious what other people might be seeing on their rides...

Bry

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by BryGuy@Jul 13 2005, 09:12 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any numbers for actual HP improvements with different performance mods. Now, I'm talking actual before and after's as measured out on a dyno wheel.

The only reason I'm curious is that the stock rating is 160 horse. I have the trd exhaust and not that I was expecting a huge jump or anything, but when we popped it on the wheel we couldn't even get 160 peak out of it.  I know that a TON of factors can account for this, I'm just curious what other people might be seeing on their rides...

Bry
This is because that 160 is at the crank, not to the wheels. Accounting for 15% drivetrain loss (about standard) you are looking at ~136hp to the wheels stock w/ a 5spd (probably more drivetrain loss w/ the automagic).

Here is my stock dyno results:
Run 1: 134.94HP, 145.95 Torque, 108.28MPH
Run 2: 137.12HP, 147.79 Torque, 108.07MPH

Dyno Graph:

Horrible quality (crappy cam), but you get the idea.

You can kinda use this as a initial sample (it's a 5spd, not an automatic) if you can get post-mod dyno results. Should give you an idea of what it can do. Remember if you see an intake give 10hp, a header give 5hp, and an exhaust give 12hp... the I/H/E combo will not give you 27hp... you'll probably be more around the 15-20hp range.

Also, the TRD exhaust is a axle-back so I expect the gains to be negligible if there are indeed any.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice dude... Thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense! Thanks again for the info bro!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Different dynos will have different numbers, so using someone else's dyno for a baseline does not make sense. Results might also vary with temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, phase of the moon, solar activity and a bunch of other factors. So if you want to be very close to accurate - on the same day - do 5 pulls, average best 3, install everything you can buy, do another 5 pulls, average best 3, then add 5% +/- error margin and admire the results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.