Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok last week me and my parents went to a different scion dealership, one closer to my house. I told the salesguy we wanted to look at the scion tC and he showed us the 1.0 special editon one. He bombarded us with questions like, "who's the car for?" "do you know how to drive stick shift?" "why do you want to look at this car?" and he told me the special edition only comes in stick shift! shows how much he knows his stuff, and that we should look at something else because I can't drive it. they had other colors at another lot so he drove us in a sienna for about 15 mins to another lot far far away. When we got there he started asking me why i want white, I just replied "why not? i like it" and he asked do you know how it's going to look like in a few years?? This guy was so cocky i couldn't wait to get out of there. He then got in the tC and drove it around in front of us and did a few circles around the lot which he sped around like crazy i guess trying to show off in front of us. then i got in the car and wanted to drive it around the lot to see how the handling is. He asked to see my license and took almost a good minute starring at it. ok I may look young but the license is legit and he was saying something about it being a student permit..what a dumbass. When we got back to the original dealership I basically told him I didn't want any accessories besides the pedestal spoiler and he told me that all tC have to come with some accessories...is he bullshiting me or what?? We just left after that. needless to say i'm never going to give him the sale. I mean if a salemen really wanted to make a sale shouldn't they be accommodating to what you want and at least say they can try to get it for you instead of shooting you down on the spot??

·
Registered
453 Posts
im sorry about ur experience, where are you shopping...people on this site can most-likely give you some good locations to try nearby

·
Registered
339 Posts
what an #######, deff dont give him a sale. i had a similar experience.

when i went to the scion dealership closest to my house i met with a salesmen named jim that was very friendly with me. he very carefully explained to me the car (which i already knew tons about because i was doing research on it) and was very kind to ask me what i liked and what i was into. i told him i wanted my dad to check the car out the next day and he said he was unavailable because he was going to training so i would have to talk to a guy named "nhan" about the car.

well the next day i arive at the dealership with my dad and i met with this guy nhan, let me keep it short. the whole time he had a pretty cocky attitude the kind like "oh this kid wants to be this car that is so geared to being customizable so i should treat him like a little fast and furious wanna be". i delt with hit stupid comments the whole time and by the end he said something along the lines of "heres my card, make sure to call me". i left thinking "i deff will not call your dumbass, im going to give the nice guy the sale you stupid f***"

lol afterwards i just laughed at the whole thing i feel sorry for that guy because if he treats people like they dont know what their doing then hes not going to be a very good salesman. jim is a nice guy and i wasnt about to let some ####### take a sale over him.

my advice: go back to the same dealership but this time ask to see another rep.. you will make the guy soo jealous because he is loosing a sale! i know i did!

·
Registered
119 Posts
lol i had a bad experience too

well first off my first dealer was pretty chill but i went back a few weeks later to talk to him and turns out he got fired.
So my new dealer wasnt too bad either everything went smoothly until i went to pick the car up 5 weeks later.
The car came with a nice scratch on the mirror and the drivers side door. So after i noticed this i stepped in and found that there were no pedals just little levers with holes in them where the pedals should be. sO tthen they didnt have any pedals in the parts dept so they had to take pedals off another tc on the lot
So i finally left after 2.5 hrs once all the scratches were buffed out and the pedals were installed. I got some free Wheel locks out of the inconvienience after "speaking" to the manager.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
wow, sounds like d and i should quit selling scions and start the seminar circuit. sounds like there are a few dealerships that need schooling.

i am sorry to everybody who had a crappy scion dealership experience. for every step people like d, myself, and every good dearer make, the bad ones take us back two steps closer to being "just another car salesperson."

good luck. don't let "those" guys give you a bad impression of the rest of us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the world of car dealers. eeeek. I had a rather unpleasant experience at my dealer as well, but nothing like that. They just took a long time to get the car which isn’t a problem, but they could never seem to give me a straight answer on when it would be in. "Yeah 3 to 5 days"...(next week) "yeah should be in in about a week)"...(next week)..."oh yeah, 8 to 10 days". Ugh. Then when it finally did come in, my jackass salesboy forgot to call me. So I called him like 3 days after it was in and he says "oh yea I left you a voicemail 3 days ago...blah blah blah". I thought he was lying through his teeth but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and just went in and got the thing with my friend who gave me a ride. My friend is a nice-looking blonde by the way. So when we get there, the salesboy is a complete ass like he's trying to show off for my friend. It would have been hilarious if I wasn't so anxious to get the hell outta there. So at one point he's explaining all the features of the car (to her, not me mind you) and I'm just like "gimme the keys, smartass". And we left.

The point I wanted to make here after my bitching is that you're going to have bad experiences at dealerships. I know there are plenty of honest dealers out there and all, but most of the ones I've been to are scum. However this is where you get an advantage with the Scion. Since you already know the price of the car will be generally the same everywhere (except for some idiot dealers who try and charge over MSRP), all you have to do is find the dealer with the least amount of added documentation/dealer fees. I really don't care if I went to the nicest dealer in the whole world and they clipped my toenails and fed me grapes while we discussed the deal. If they're charging me $300 in fees and I can go down the street and get the same car with $95 in simple documentation fees where they treat me like crap, I'll still go to the second dealer. Don't get emotional when buying a car. You can buy it from the nasty dealer at a cheaper price and take in to be serviced at the nice guy dealer later on. Oh and don’t pay any “dealer prep” fees. Dealer prep is 2 hours worth of work maximum involving putting fluids in the car, and peeling off plastic dust/dirt guards from the dash.

Having said that, don’t be a jerk customer who is always wrestling with the dealer monster. I can’t stand when I see people in there complaining about not being able to pick up their car because of a mistake THEY made. That happens a lot, and I feel bad for nice salespeople who have to deal with that.

Ok I’m done heh.

·
Registered
542 Posts
my first dealer was having trouble getting a car ordered/ pinning down a delivery date, so i called around and tried a second dealer and the second one gave me very good service and a car within two weeks
they even called around on a saturday and found a car that matched exactly what i wanted sitting around in portland and had put my name on it before i left the building.

·
Registered
339 Posts
so far so good for me at my dealer with my sales guy jim. i called him today and he said my car is on a truck on its way to the dealer and it should be here by saturday. he was joking around with me and was like so you got the 06 in silver right? ( i ordered flint mica) and i froze on the phone and i was like ?what?! but he started laughing and i was like ooo man you got me good..

hes a good guy and i cant wait to get my car. good luck in your search for a good salesman

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was very happy with my salseman. Here is a little positive story.... I ordered my car with the TRD exhuast (paid full price/dealer installed). I told my salesguy that I wanted the stock exhuast to bring home since I am technically paying for 2 exhausts. The one that comes with the car and the TRD. So, when I went to pick up the car... no stock exhuast. We went down to the parts dept to find it. The parts guy said "oh no you can't have that, we get a credit for it". I was like "well yea, MY credit!" My salesguy argued with him that I paid for 2 exhuasts. Too make this story short.. he found the stock exhaust, put it in his pickup, drove it up to my tC, and put it the back.. and off I went. He said don't worry about it and he will deal with it.
(It amazes me how the parts dept thinks I am not entitled to that exhaust... nutty I tell you)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.