Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my TC FM yesterday and had the scion factory alarm installed. But everytime I arm or disarm the alarm it beeps extremely loud. Is there a way to decrease the volume of the horn or even disable it while arming/disarming?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Nothing in the alarm manual?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/files/tcsecurity.pdf

That's the alarm install manual and it says that the horn should not sound at all on arm/disarm. So it means that the dealer did not go throught the checklist after they installed the alarm. Go back, kick ass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for help. I was wondering if I can bring it in any dealer. I bought it at a dealer near my home, but I go to school 100 miles away, so I wont have time to get it back to the dealer I bought it with for a couple of weeks, and that would suck.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
If it's a dealer-installed option, you may be out of luck. Technically speaking, dealer-installed options are NOT warranted by the manufacturer -- for those of you who will doubt me, read the purchase/finance agreement carefully next time -- although they try hard to keep you from knowing this. Call the dealer that you want to go to and ask them.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Or you can "forget" to mention it was dealer-installed, just tell them that it's a factory alarm and it annoys the hell out of you.

·
Registered
2008 tC
4 Posts
Being the 3rd owner, I don't know if my tC's alarm is official or aftermarket. It did have an annoying loud horn-beep every time it was armed or disarmed. Eventually I found a little button under the dash, with a blue LED on it. Holding down that button while turning off the car silenced the annoying honk!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts