Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is getting annoying and i've only had it for a day. i have the scion security system, and everytime i start the car, it honks the horn very quickly about 6-8 times. whats up with this? is there a fix or a way to put it in a different mode?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i spoke with the dealership today. they said the beeping(honking) should be gone after 72 hours. it is there to let you know someone has just programmed a remote to your system. Funny thing is after i spoke with him, the car stopped doing it. so in my case it was more like 48 hours.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thats still annoying and makes you look like an idiot when it happens. How embarassing. They didn't tell you about this 'feature' up front?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, my dad went and picked up the car. i dont see how he couldnt have noticed. but ya, i did look like an idiot for a couple of days lol. at least its gone now and they told me what its for, just wish they would have explained this to my dad.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i've never heard of anything like that.....why would the engineers think of doing such a thing? cuz what happens if the car is on the lot for more than a week that beeping is gone and youd ont know or something??? whatever elvin , its not your fault they shoulda warned you, which dealership you get ur car from, im in orange county too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.