Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drive down the road and all of a sudden I hear a bumble bee behind me. Honda pulls up and takes off. At the stop light I bump the stereo and when light turns green I take off. Left him behind with ease. Well let me describe this honda, it was primary paint body kit waving in the air and just looked like your typical car. Anyways I let him catch up and he goes flying past me. As I take off again to pass him my passenger leans out the window and yells for the guy to get a paint job. The guy just throws his hands up in the air. I guess he couldn't afford the paint job. Anyways passenger screaming that just made me swirve over and start laughing. I couldn't control myself.

Speaking of which. People if your going to street race be smart about it. I saw guys cutting people off left and right just to get one car spot ahead in traffic. He wasn't even racing anybody. Well except when I pulled up but still. Don't put others at risk its not worth it. If your going to race try not to speed to bad, once you get past 70mph maybe its time to let off the gass. Remeber city streets weren't made for that, small stuff can send you flying out of control.

Cheers!
~Michael

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If you are going to street race catch the organized ones like I used to be involved with. We used factory areas where there is no traffic, is still isn't legal, but you don't put other people at risk. You have spotters at all entrances and you have fun, a little more safely than your local street light.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sure. Without medical assistance, or tech inspections, or safety equipment, or... Either you race at the track, or you accept a lot of unnecessary risk.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
not to mention legal ramifications, which are getting tougher by the hour

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here in NC if your caught racing its 10 points automatically. I had a cop tell me that when he pulled me over. He asked if I was racing the car that went past us and I told him no he was just trying to catch up to me. Yeah thank got the cop had a sense of humor and let me go with a warning. Then he challenged me to bring my car to the track to race against his saleen.....eh yeah I'll do that sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
In Tennessee, I believe, if you are caught drag racing on the streets you lose your license for one year for the first offence and if you are caught again you lose your license permanently. Both cars have to be caught, though, for it to be considered racing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
same here in florida and get your car taken away, the whole deal. which makes no sense to me because they sell race gas at the local gas stations now. shell and sunoco i have seen so far. the cop that just had to tell me that lil bit of info, cause he caught me street racing once, no ticket though
still havent gotten the chance to mention the promoting of racing at the gas stations to him. funny thing is a lot of them dont even know about that race gas at the gas station. only one of them because he street races himself.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by thischick@Jul 11 2005, 11:53 AM
same here in florida and get your car taken away, the whole deal. which makes no sense to me because they sell race gas at the local gas stations now. shell and sunoco i have seen so far. the cop that just had to tell me that lil bit of info, cause he caught me street racing once, no ticket though
still havent gotten the chance to mention the promoting of racing at the gas stations to him. funny thing is a lot of them dont even know about that race gas at the gas station. only one of them because he street races himself.
Race gas is sold because drag strips and tracks do exist for such things. In Alabama there is a "public display of speed" ticket that can be given to you... this is given to people that burn out, street race, or just show off in their new car. That and one speeding ticket (which is usually included w/ the street racing ticket) is enough to get your license suspended for 30 day.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ok dear i understand that but lets see moroso is about 1 hour away from these gas stations. so by the time you get to the track there goes your $5.00 and some change a gallon. so still dont see the point there.
dont you think they would put it at a gas station closer to the track?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by thischick@Jul 11 2005, 12:42 PM
ok dear i understand that but lets see moroso is about 1 hour away from these gas stations. so by the time you get to the track there goes your $5.00 and some change a gallon. so still dont see the point there.
Is there no real track nearby? Also, what about the classic cars that are fired up only on the weekends? A family friend has quite a few datsuns that only run on race gas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
nope the only track we have is moroso and its about an hour away. cops shut down towers, we used to go out there every friday and saturday.
anyways moving right along

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by thischick@Jul 11 2005, 12:42 PM
I run race gas in my Supra. 4 gallons of 100 unleaded with 14 gallons of 91 unleaded. It's the only way to get decent power out of it. My gas mileage with 91 octane goes down to 12 mpg. With 4 gallons of race gas, I get 18 mpg. It's actually cheaper to spend the extra money for the race gas. It ain't all for racing!

·
Registered
266 Posts
all im saying is and one of my deputy friends agrees with me. build a track closer to miami/fort lauderdale maybe that will help with the street racing a little bit. other than that no one is going to be driving up there unless there is an event like nopi going on. gas itself is so god damn expensive down here. citgo is $2.50 for premium.

lance- i wanna try some race gas in my baby, see how it works out for me

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You won't be impressed. There's no difference in performance, the engine doesn't need it. Lotta money for nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by LaVaism@Jun 19 2005, 06:41 PM
Drive down the road and all of a sudden I hear a bumble bee behind me. Honda pulls up and takes off. At the stop light I bump the stereo and when light turns green I take off. Left him behind with ease. Well let me describe this honda, it was primary paint body kit waving in the air and just looked like your typical car. Anyways I let him catch up and he goes flying past me. As I take off again to pass him my passenger leans out the window and yells for the guy to get a paint job. The guy just throws his hands up in the air. I guess he couldn't afford the paint job. Anyways passenger screaming that just made me swirve over and start laughing. I couldn't control myself.

Speaking of which. People if your going to street race be smart about it. I saw guys cutting people off left and right just to get one car spot ahead in traffic. He wasn't even racing anybody. Well except when I pulled up but still. Don't put others at risk its not worth it. If your going to race try not to speed to bad, once you get past 70mph maybe its time to let off the gass. Remeber city streets weren't made for that, small stuff can send you flying out of control.

Cheers!
~Michael
not trying to be too rude here.. but arent you being a little ignorant and contradicting yourself?

i think you should listen to yourself.. you first start by telling your story of a street race.. then go on to say dont drive crazy on the streets.

to top it off, you talk smack about people that swerve through traffic and about how people shouldnt put others in harms way. you are, not technically but pretty much, doing the same thing as they are. putting others in harms way. dont try to make yourself look better than the other guy when you did something almost just as bad.

buddy, i street race too.. im not saying that you shouldnt street race because i think we all know we shouldnt.. but i felt like i HAD to post this because you totally made yourself seem like a genius (note the sarcasm).

by the way.. i aint a jackass all the time =P .. my girl just got a tc and i plan to help her fix it up so im just reading around

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.