Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was about to start my day some Saturdays ago..As usual I was walking out to my car (05 Flint Mica, Scion Tc, 5 speed of course) which was parked outside my house on a quiet street. When I approached my car around 1pm, I saw a note on my windshield. The note stated, "I just saw a Gray Cadillac Sedan hit your car and take off." My neighbor who saw the accident, was able to get 6 characters from the plate. This **** hits my car at noon in broad day light, and keeps going? You've got to be kidding me? I went and filed a police report and took some photos. Weeks have pasted now and I'm waiting to hear from the detective assigned to my case. Finally she notifys me, but it doesn't sound like we're going to find the guy. I understand, its not like anyone was hurt...I mean, they got more important cases to tackle...So I went to get an estimate from a bodyshop and guess how much? $1700 bucks!!!! Can you believe that? Ofcourse I have full coverage and it will only cost me a $500 deductable..Well, $500 is better then $1700, but come on! ITS $500.OO DOLLARS!!!! So pissed!!!! I've been driving around my neighborhood late at night, trying to find that Cadillac, but no luck so far. Out of all the cars parked on the street, this guy has to hit mine...Moral of the story, I guess...Dont sleep in.

here's the photo...
Okay, after jumping through the hoops, so I could show you pictures...Here it is....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/sit...omic/HitRun.jpg

later.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'd definitely be really pissed off if that happened to me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
we've had two cars in my family get hit while parked and both drivers drove away (one was totalled, the other had a big dent) needless to say we don't park on the street anymore. it's too bad that so many people are that careless behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm glad that I get to park mine in a garage.

·
Registered
225 Posts
geico, 15 minute phone call can save you 15% on car insurance.......................................................................
...........................................................sorry
i know how to make you feel better, i honestly do

check my tc, june 9th

is still in shop, 9800 in damages, insurance took care of everything, since i wasnt at fault put a kaminari kit, reverse cowl hood and 19 inch axis wheels

the wheels are actual photos of mine, the kaminari photos are from their site, but still is the parts i bought

I BET YOU DONT FEEL THAT BAD ABOUT A $500 DEDUCTIBLE HUH?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by sitdowncomic@Sep 9 2005, 05:05 PM
I went and filed a police report and took some photos. Weeks have pasted now and I'm waiting to hear from the detective assigned to my case. Finally she notifys me, but it doesn't sound like we're going to find the guy. I understand, its not like anyone was hurt...I mean, they got more important cases to tackle
That's such BULLSH!T!!! Where I'm from... Hit & Run with more than $200 in damages is a Felony with up to 6 months in jail! They can definately find this guy! 6 plate numbers on a Caddy... OH yeah they can get him!! Keep on their a$$e$!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
my thoughts exactly, how come you cant find a caddy if you have plate numbers? thats a load of ****

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lazy cops. It bothers me that they put so much effort into patrolling the roadways to give revenue enhancing tickets, but so little into finding people who do #### like that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
that sucks. damn $1700? and like others mentioned, 6 numbers from the lic plate on a cadillac, c'mon i could probably find it. how many gray cadillac sedans in your state match his 6 numbers, please.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by jlbracero@Sep 9 2005, 07:11 PM
geico, 15 minute phone call can save you 15% on car insurance.......................................................................
...........................................................sorry
i know how to make you feel better, i honestly do

check my tc, june 9th

I BET YOU DONT FEEL THAT BAD ABOUT A $500 DEDUCTIBLE HUH?
jlbracero, yor car was damaged by a hit and run driver?

·
Registered
225 Posts
nope, a toyota tundra came as a monster truck and rammed me and 6 more cars, but still, i have to pay the 500 deductible out of my pocket

·
Registered
243 Posts
ha maybe that jerk driving the caddy will also have to fix up his car of course since his car is a luxury car he should be able to afford it. if i were you id check out body shops and caddy dealers for him. good luck dude.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seriously if you had the time or if you can get people to help you out, your car should have its revenge. The shops all keep logs of all work, but i hope that this arse clown doesnt just live somewhere far and thus making it even harder to catch the person responsible. .....and again yes it is sad that this person just doesnt care about their vehicle let alone anyone elses.......... cheer up just dont forget that you still own a Tc an they prollly own a busted craptacular cadillac..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.