Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
welcome back.....haven't heard anything yet...I have about 2700 miles on it. ....that kinda scares me...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
What's the RPM/speed? Do you have the TRD/K&N filter? Is the engine warm? I had similar hiss in my matrix, but I had a blower and an intake on it - so I had to live with it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
to me the high pitched hiss is the air rushing into the air intake.. scion re-tuned the camrys engine for more torque via the intake... so thats what the noise is.. nothing to worry about

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hear it too, I actually like it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
ill say again, its the vac- lines.........just incase you wanted to know what/where it was comming from specifically. - t

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed@Oct 6 2004, 12:37 PM
T, I accept your advice as the gospel truth - how come it didn't originally make this horrid noise?
hardley horrid.......maybe urs is broken. I say facts, if thats what you consider/dont consider gospel truth than so be it. - t

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
There is more than one vac line in a car... usually around the throttle body and intake manifold and intake/filter is where you'll find them. One may be disconnected or lose which can cause this sort of hiss. It is literally sucking in ambient air from your engine bay. The thing with vac lines is, 9 times out of 10 they're usless and probably just something extra to keep emissions down or something like that. More than likely you could rip all of them out and not even pull a code. So as far as your car and its well being is concerned, you got nothing to worry about. But as for your sanity, I don't know what to tell you brother. Have you washed your engine bay at all? Anything that could have ripped a vac line loose?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
actually my engine did make that hissing sound but i read in the manual that its natural...i dunno

·
Registered
107 Posts
i agree with T and wolo.call me crazy but it should be louder.lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this the same "hiss" that I hear between 2000~2500 RPM with moderate throttle application?? I thought it was light metal grinding... but now that I read about it, I guess it could be described as a hiss as well. My tC's at around 7300 miles, it wasnt there before during its first few thousand miles. Doesnt sound normal to me cuz it hasnt always been there... but oh well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts