Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a "kid" myself (20). I even owned a 95 Camaro z28 as my first car when I was 16. That's all well and good. But someone explain this to me.

So I'm driving down the road, when this kid in a ~1998ish z28 pulls up beside me, give's me the finger while rev'ing his engine, then pealing off. Great. Whatever, right? Wrong. Here comes his buddy behind him in a Firebird, laughing at my tC, obligatory finger, and peals off. Now I'm a very non-confrontational kind of guy, but gimme a break. He and his buddy proceed to play tag up ahead of me for a while, gunning it then slamming on their brakes, cause god forbid they get caught speeding. The light ahead turns red and I'm caught in the middle lane (3 lanes) between a**hole #1 and a**hole #2. They proceed to have a conversation THROUGH my car (my windows were down) to the effect of this:

#1 - "ha-ha, what the hell is that?
#2 - "I think its a Camry with ****!"
(picture my head turning from one a**hole to the other as the conversation goes on)
#2 - "Is that a Scion?"
Me - Yeah. Is that your new birthday present from daddy? (he had a temp tag on the back)
#1 "Oh!!, I think he's dissin' you man!"
#2 - "Yeah, and I'll spank you going reverse smartass"
(#1 is laughing like a homeless guy on crack)
Me- "Congratulations, I’m not into bondage though, you two (referring to him and #1) can spank each other all night long though, don't let me stop you.
(picture the smile dropping off his face)
#1- "What the f*ck you say?"

I rolled my windows up at this point, which is good, because the light turns green, and they both peel off in a cloud of smoke.

Even all that I can handle. But this is the part the really gets to me.

They can't even f*ckin drive. Both of them bounced off the rev limiters at least 6 times in one shift going from first to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd. Give me a break. Talk big, fine, drive 250-350 horsepower in a 7000$ used car, fine, bounce off the rev limiter because your too stupid to both make whatever statement your making by pealing out, and simultaneously shift without hitting the rev limiter.

Where are the cops when you need them? I passed 2 in the 10 minutes that assholes 1 and 2 were playing tag, one had a wrangler pulled over, the other had a focus pulled over. Way to keep the streets safe guys.

*rolls eyes...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's why I have a Supra at home. They stop laughing when they're signing over the pink slip.

·
Registered
515 Posts
See this is why I keep a sidearm in my car. Just yell back how fast do you think your car is compared to the bullets. Actual much props to you me I would have been getting out of the car ready to beat some ass, but doctor says I have an anger problem.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Nothing like testosterone to cloud good judgment. You did the right thing without a doubt.

Get out of the car with a gun? Go to jail for a LONG time.

Why use a gun? Why not just smash into the offending vehicle with your own? That'll teach 'em, eh?

Come on, get real. Let them laugh, they're too stupid to last long in the gene pool anyway.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
These are the kinds of people who give 16 year-olds like myself a bad rep. I really respect what you did. I probably wouldn't have had the ability to stay calm around such a-holes, and would have had to use the tennis rackets in my trunk, and regretting it later...

In conclusion, I apologize on behalf of my entire age-group, and sorry you had to meet these idiots.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont really care what guys think. Not to mention kids. Chicks dig my ride.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dude that's the part where i slam my front bumper into their rear quarter panels a few times, hit the brakes at a u-turn, dive into some neighborhood and lose them. Did that to a guy who tried to cut me off real bad one day. He just decided to merge into me thinking i would brake and let him in. I let him have it with my horn for like 5 seconds, he knew i was there or he was deaf. Guy messed up a perfectly good 02 maxima in the process.

Haha #######.

Edit: oh ya that's in my 92 accord, I'd never do that with a tC.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wait...I'm a little lost. So you rammed your car into the Maxima that cut you off? Wouldn't that cause you just as much damage as you did to them? Plus isn't the reason you got angry when he cut you off was the possiblity of an accident? It doesn't seem too wise to me to damage your car to spite someone else.

Maybe I just misunderstood your story...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well see the accord already has accident damage. I could care less if it gets a little more damage, the thing's worth 1500 dollars, maybe. Its not a matter of avoiding accidents more than it is him just being rude. I didn't appreciate what he was doing so I informed him.

Edit: We were side by side so it was like a few really hard taps, enough to make a few large dents then I abruptly dipped before he could figure out where I went.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
No offense, but this does not seem like the best solution to me. I will admit that I have accidentally cut off people while merging in my first months of driving, but I've always been apologetic about it, giving the little "I'm sorry I'm retarded" wave. Even if he was rude, I would have stopped at giving him the finger or flashing my brights along with a long horn. But hitting someone's car...that just doesn't seem right to me. Plus, if he were to catch up with you, wouldn't this qualify as a Hit-And-Run (I really don't know much about the law, but it would seem like it would have drastic consequences)?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes it is hit and run, and could have felony consequences if the damage meets a certain dollar value or if someone is injured.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmm...so it's either risk felony charges, or grind my teeth and slam on the brakes, then forget about it 30 minutes later...

Tough choice...

EDIT: I really hope I didn't sound too harsh. I just don't think this is the solution to other people driving like ass-holes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I understand your concerns and fully understand that I kinda fall into the lunatic category. That being said, if there's a chance that my license number can be taken down by other drivers I just let it go. There is no chance of them catching up by the way.

·
Registered
453 Posts
these are the same kinda kids that will find themselves driving drunk end upwrapping their car around a tree everyone in their car gets injured and they walk away without a scratch, i hate people like that....

i would have paid money to see one of those little b*tches lose control and hit the other, now that would have been classic

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have to give the guy credit for staying calm and doing the right thing. I wish I could do that. We had a case down here a few months ago two high school kids racing one was driving a Honda S2000 (only 16) but they started racing and ran a red light and side swiped a police cruser.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Apr 7 2005, 09:26 PM
That's why I have a Supra at home. They stop laughing when they're signing over the pink slip.
Hahahahahah! I wish I had a supra at home.

Some guy was trying to be impressive like that one day when me and my friend Jr. were out to lunch from work in his 385hp srt-4, the guy was driving a black firebird and cruised up next to us revving and trying to look cool. We just kept cruisin, looked at him, and jr. revved up once just to blast his HKS blowoff valve in the guys ear. He took off all fast into traffic expecting us to fallow as we just laughed about his mullet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by LaVaism@Apr 8 2005, 04:37 AM
I have to give the guy credit for staying calm and doing the right thing.  I wish I could do that.  We had a case down here a few months ago two high school kids racing one was driving a Honda S2000 (only 16) but they started racing and ran a red light and side swiped a police cruser.
Now that is poetic...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I give you a lot of credit for just letting it go. That's really hard for me to do myself, but it's definitely the right thing to do. I have had serious road-rage issues in the past; I'm getting better these days but I still fume over stuff like this. I have been chased by other cars at least a couple dozen times, followed home, had people get out of their cars and throw things at my car, had someone ram me with their Tahoe and try to force me off the road...I've even had a guy stop on the shoulder of a 65-mph interstate and walk across an exit ramp to where I was stopped in traffic, and bash my window with a flashlight when I tried to drive past him.

Yes, those situations were frightening. In each situation, I probably wasn't in the wrong to start with, but I escalated the situation by reacting in some way, by puposely trying to irk the other driver, or "get him back."

I read in the news once a week or so about some person who was shot as a result of some kind of "road rage" incident.

There are at least a dozen other altercations I've had which I didn't even mention above. I'm not proud of it, but I am trying to do better. Those of you who egg those other drivers on, you never know when you'll piss off the wrong person. Those of you who think it's a good idea to carry a gun, you might feel differently when you're in prison. Consider the consequences.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.