Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the AEM is available now, yes.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 9 2004, 03:41 PM
the AEM is available now, yes.
where do you get the AEM I see that you can pre-order it but I am not so sure that you can buy it just yet...last I heard they are still running tests on it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You're just NOT going to find a CAI with a high horse power gain. Its just not going to happen. Sure you may pull 5-10 horses out of it, if you're lucky, but I don't consider that a high gain. But the AEM intake i've heard good things about.

·
Registered
409 Posts
yah 5-10 is normal for n/a hp gains, but you have to remember the more mods you add on the less youll get, ie ur intake might give you 10 by itself, or headers might give 10 by itself, but added ot gether you might only get 15, that pretty much goes for all mods, correct me if im wrong

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There's no mod you will be able to make to a tC that will change the "feel" of the car. You need at least a 10% change to go "Wow, that really worked" by the ass-o-meter. There are a lot of little things you can do to change the measured power (just put on lighter wheels/tires and a Dynojet will say you're making more power), but the ones that make you go "WOW" are few, and usually absurdly expensive.

And yes, you can't just add up all the "gains" the aftermarket claims. You'd be surprised how many of them offer nothing but more noise. Sad but true the real performance increase is often from your wallet being lighter...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 12 2004, 03:47 PM
There's no mod you will be able to make to a tC that will change the "feel" of the car. You need at least a 10% change to go "Wow, that really worked" by the ass-o-meter. There are a lot of little things you can do to change the measured power (just put on lighter wheels/tires and a Dynojet will say you're making more power), but the ones that make you go "WOW" are few, and usually absurdly expensive.

And yes, you can't just add up all the "gains" the aftermarket claims. You'd be surprised how many of them offer nothing but more noise. Sad but true the real performance increase is often from your wallet being lighter...
i almost said yes to myself in getting an aem cai and an injen super ses exhaust but you've made me think it further again... but it's sure is nice to know, you know... glad i still read here...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 12 2004, 12:47 PM

The ass-o-meter?

Is that an available option yet? I gotta get me one of those!

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Frunobulax+Dec 19 2004, 10:56 AM-->QUOTE (Frunobulax @ Dec 19 2004, 10:56 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-lo bux racer
@Dec 12 2004, 12:47 PM
There's no mod you will be able to make to a tC that will change the "feel" of the car.  You need at least a 10% change to go "Wow, that really worked" by the ass-o-meter.  There are a lot of little things you can do to change the measured power (just put on lighter wheels/tires and a Dynojet will say you're making more power), but the ones that make you go "WOW" are few, and usually absurdly expensive.

And yes, you can't just add up all the "gains" the aftermarket claims.  You'd be surprised how many of them offer nothing but more noise.  Sad but true the real performance increase is often from your wallet being lighter...
The ass-o-meter?

Is that an available option yet? I gotta get me one of those!
[/b]
the ass-o-meter is available in three colors. adds 5 whp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.