Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oyah... this is a RETROFIT

[edit]
maybe i should do alot more explaining first before posting up all these pics. i've been researching on hidplanet.com for the longest time now... almost had it done by a 3rd party (350 just for labor), and have juggled several choices of projectors, bezel, exterior look etc. finally after daydreaming through finals week, i got together with my friend (blue rsx type s) and we did our retros together.

clearance (my main concern) actually worked out much better than i had expected, overall i wouldn't say it was too hard of a job. definately something that can be 'slapped' together easily but attention to detail will really pay off.
[/edit]

first off, some teasher shots

parking light mod in high beam (3x 10,000mcd white LEDs per high beam)

oh, and the leds are wired in parallel with each other, in series with a resistor to limit the current, in series again with an inline fuse (0.1a i think) just to be safe... they're spliced into the "city-lights" wire, which you can't see anymore but the hole is still there. i'll probably try sticking some super bright leds from superbrightleds.com in there to see if it'll glow through my bezel. i've realized that my bmw e46 bezel is actually semi-transparent... almost like it has a 5% or 1% mirror tint or something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NIGHT SHOTS

indoor garaged

money shot! (sorry i didn't have a tripod)

now which one of you HID buffs out there can name this projector:

more info & hopefully some better beam shots to come.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
looks good.... bet it cost a pretty penny

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by integsrtite@Jul 16 2005, 12:58 PM
yeah 350 just for labor... so i saved 350 by doing it myself... HID parts were 350 for projectors 100 for bulbs and 150 for ballasts...
Looks good! I approve

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by DTRUONG_112@Aug 4 2005, 06:39 PM
can you make me one...
I'm having a custom set made by HIDRetro.com.

Check that site out; he already has pics from three other cars he's done. I can't wait to get my pair!

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by TrueRedtC@Sep 1 2005, 06:43 PM
Ed, if you don't mind me asking, how much is a set going cost you?
~$1100 all-told.

He's done; they ship out from his location in TX tomorrow. I should have them put in next weekend.

Mine will look quite different; I have angel-eyes, my side marker lamp is replaced with LED and my amber side marker reflector has been spray-tinted so that it is a deep smoke color and only shows amber when directly lit. This is one of the great benefits of having it hand-retrofitted--it also means fully custom.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by peglegskier@Sep 6 2005, 07:21 AM
i can't wait to see pics of the smoked amber... damn how i want to get rid of that reflector.
Won't be long; they ship out of TX today and I will receive them Friday. They're getting put in on Saturday along with my new grills.

-Ed

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.