Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those aftermarket projectors coming out for the TC at TcTunerz look really nice. How do you think they will perform with an HID kit? I have heard that most halogen projectors will have a crappy output of light when used with HID, since HID projectors and halogen projectors are two different things. Im curious as to what the cut off point will be with those and am curious to know what projectors are going to be used in that headlight.

I dream about HID at least once a week. I dont want to just throw an HID kit on and blind all the people on the road, i would like to add HID to my car but without having any hassle from the po po. I dont think ill get any hassle if i had projectors compared to using no projectors. Many cars from the factory equipped with HID are not using self leveling projectors and its making me think that if i follow through i shouldnt get any hassle from the po po. The S2000 projectors being one of them......

Any way what do you guys think about the projectors coming out and the performance with them used with HID? Any info on what kind of projectors they are?

Also whats your opinions on the best method to avoid the hassle from the po po and using HID?
( not having HID at all is the best method, i already know, and an actual retrofit being one of them )

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Good luck avoiding attention from the police if you install HIDs on your tC. There still aren't all that many different models of cars which come with HIDs from the factory, so it's pretty easy to tell which cars have aftermarket HIDs. If it's that easy for me to tell, I would imagine that the police, whose job it is to look for violations, will be able to tell. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Want to add a link to where those are cause i cant find them. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
oops sorry it was wayyy back there.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, if it's designed for halogen - use it for halogen - get PIAAs or Silverstars if you hate money so much...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have been considering getting HIDs for my tC. I've toyed with the idea of it for a while now. I live in an area where cops are strict about underbody neons and the type of thing, but I have a few friends with aftermarket HID kits and none of them have had problems. I'm just not sure that its worth the $300 for it. Does anyone have them who has had really good results?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Not on a tC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.